Meals on Wheels of Zebulon United Methodist Church needs volunteer drivers for three routes in the Zebulon area. Volunteers will pick up the meals from the church and deliver them to the clients one day a month. For more information contact the church office at 919-269-9408.
Bethany Baptist Church’s annual fundraiser for mission projects is 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, April 29, and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, April 30. An indoor yard sale is 6 a.m. to noon and an auction is 2-4 p.m.
Never miss a local story.
On Friday, a fish fry catered by Fitzgerald’s is $8 a plate, eat-in or take-out. On Saturday, hot dogs, chips and soft drinks will be sold.
Dinner and music
Ebenezer United Methodist Church’s Fried Chicken Dinner and Contemporary Gospel Music Show is 5:30-8 p.m. Friday, April 29, at 6020 Rock Quarry Road, Raleigh. Dinner is $10 per person and takeout is available. For tickets, call 919-772-1664.
A spring retreat for women will be from 7-8:30 p.m. Friday, April 29, and 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, April 30, in the fellowship hall of Covenant Presbyterian Church, 125 S. Selma Road, Wendell. Lee-ann Ahders will lead the retreat, “Seasons of Our Lives,” based on Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8.
Registration is required. A $5 donation is requested to cover the cost of food and materials. To register, call 919-365-7979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wendell Baptist Church’s Operation InAsMuch, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, April 30, offers a clothing giveaway, car washes and checkups, small engine repair and assistance with computer issues.
The Red Cross Bloodmobile will be on-site from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. A free hot dog lunch is 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The church is at 3651 Wendell Blvd.
Yard care and home repairs are also available. To refer someone in need, call the church office at 919-365-4631.
Pastor T.L. Carmichael Sr. and Elevation Baptist Church host a Mother’s Day service with a free family photo at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, May 8, at 5271 EBC Village Way, Knightdale. For details, email ElevationWomen@gmail.com.
Knightdale Baptist Church’s Spring Bazaar is 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, May 21, at 15 Main St. Plates of barbecue chicken, vegetables, bread and dessert cost $8.
A silent auction is 9 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. A live auction starts at 2 p.m. The flea market, bake shop and craft store will be open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Riley Hill Baptist Church hosts GriefShare sessions for those who have experienced the loss of a loved one. Sessions continue until Thursday, July 7, and are in the church’s fellowship hall at 6101 Riley Hill Road, Wendell. For more information, email email@example.com.
WinShape Day Camp
Chick-fil-A’s WinShape Day Camp visits Knightdale from Monday, Aug. 1, through Friday, Aug. 5, at Faith Baptist Church, 2728 Marks Creek Road. There are 21 skills to choose from, including sports, drama and science. For details or to sign up, go to faith-baptist.com.
Knightdale United Methodist Church hosts dinner at 6:30 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-2373 for more information.
The Women’s Ministry at Elevation Baptist Church invites women of all ages at 10 a.m. the first Saturday of each month at 4729 New Bern Ave., Raleigh, lower annex. For details, email ElevationWomen@gmail.com.
▪ Mt. Zion United Holiness Church runs a soup kitchen from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday at 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon.
▪ Table of Grace offers dinners at 6 p.m. on the last Monday of the month at Wendell United Methodist Church, 129 N. Main St.
▪ Green Pines Baptist Church operates a food pantry from 6-6:30 p.m. Wednesdays at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale.
▪ Zebulon First Baptist Church runs a soup kitchen from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the second and fourth Thursdays of the month at 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon.
▪ Calvary Faith Center holds a Community Day from 10-11 a.m. on the third Saturday of each month at 4825 Rolesville Road, Wendell. This Community Day ministry includes free boxes of food, hot dogs, drinks and health screenings. For information, visit calvaryfaith.com or call 919-523-6223.
▪ The Zebulon United Methodist Church Food Pantry is open from 9-10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at 114 Sycamore St. Beginning in May, the pantry will be open from 5-6:30 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month. For more information, call coordinator Mike Powers at 919-269-8972 or the church office at 919-269-9408.
▪ The O’Neal Revival Tabernacle will hold its monthly food pantry day from noon to 2 p.m. every second Saturday at 500 Richardson Road, Zebulon. For details, call 919-375-4275 or go to onealtabernacle.org.
▪ GriefShare meets from 6:30-8:30 p.m. on Tuesday evenings at Faith Baptist Church, 2728 Marks Creek Road, Knightdale. Contact Donna Cole at 919-231-1313 or firstname.lastname@example.org
▪ Celebrate Recovery, a 12-step Christ-centered program for hurts, habits, and hang-ups of all kinds, meets from 7-9 p.m. Tuesdays at the Pine Street Fellowship Hall of Wendell Baptist Church, 302 N. Pine St. For more information on the Celebrate Recovery program, visit www.celebraterecovery.com. For more information on how it works at Wendell Baptist Church, visit www.wendellbaptist.org.
▪ Faith Baptist Church hosts a DivorceCare weekly seminar and support group from 6:30-8 p.m. Wednesdays at 2728 Marks Creek Road, Knightdale. For details, contact Loren Burch at 919-271-6111 or email@example.com.
▪ DivorceCare, a weekly seminar and support group, meets from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursdays, at Wendell Baptist Church, 3651 Wendell Blvd., Entrance A. For more information, visit www.DivorceCare.org.
▪ Mt. Zion Holiness Church, 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon, has Bible study at noon and 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 919-227-6266.
▪ Word of God Church in Zebulon has Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 252-452-7674 for more information.
▪ St. Paul Church of Christ, Disciples of Christ, has Bible study at 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays with intercessory prayer from 7:15-7:25 p.m. at 1319 Pulley-Gordon Road, Zebulon. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ The Lilies Among the Thorns Christian Women of Purpose group seeks women who desire accountability, support and the camaraderie of other women in doing God’s will. The group meets at 7 p.m. every second Thursday of the month at the Knightdale Recreation Center, 101 Lawson Ridge Road, Knightdale. Call 919-867-2010.
▪ The couples fellowship of Zebulon First Baptist Church meets at 7 p.m. the third Friday of each month at 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon. Call 919-269-7355.
▪ An adult singles group meets at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Saturdays of the month at Pearces Baptist Church, 4634 Pearces Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-9768 or email email@example.com.
▪ Faith Baptist Church offers preschool for ages 2 through kindergarden at 2728 Marks Creek Road, Knightdale. Call 919-261-9178 for more information.
▪ Green Pines Baptist Preschool has opened registration to the public. The church offers two-, three- and five-day programs for children ages 1 through pre-kindergarten at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-3363 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Heritage Baptist Church Preschool is accepting children all year round. The church offers programs for ages 6 weeks through 4 years at 615 Mack Todd Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-6504.
▪ Knightdale Baptist Preschool offers half-day preschool from 8:55 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 919-266-2288.
▪ Knightdale United Methodist Church offers preschool for ages 2 through pre-kindergarten at 7071 Forestville Road, Knightdale. Call 919-266-2373.
▪ Wendell Baptist Preschool opened registration to the public. For more information, call 919-365-3103 or go to wendellbaptistpreschool.com.
▪ Zebulon United Methodist Church Preschool offers two-, three- and five-day programs for children ages 16 months through 4 years. Call 919-269-6554 or email email@example.com.
Send faith notes to firstname.lastname@example.org