Wendell Library events
Wendell Community Library holds events for children at 207 S. Hollybrook Road. Call 919-365-2600 for more information.
Story time for toddlers is 10:30 a.m. Mondays and Thursdays. Preschool story time is 10:30 a.m. AVC Craft and Learn is 10:30 a.m. Saturdays.
A complete list of other events, including special story times, art and science is online at wakegov.com/libraries.
Never miss a local story.
Knightdale: The Knightdale Community Pool will be open through Monday, Sept. 5.
Four-day swimming classes will be held throughout June, July and August. For details, go to knightdalenc.gov.
Zebulon: The Zebulon Swimming Pool offers four-hour American Red Cross Swimming Lessons for ages 4-13 in June, July and August. Classes cost $40 for non-members. For details, call Barnanne Creech 919-291-9288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Zebulon Swim Team is accepting new members. For more information, go to zebulonswimteam.swimtopia.com.
Girl Scout Troop 1859 hosts a story time from 10-11 a.m. Tuesdays under the picnic shelter at Archer Lodge Park, 14009 Buffalo Road, Clayton.
Staff from the Wake County Board of Elections will visit the Wendell Community Library from 2-5 p.m. Tuesday, June 21, at 207 S. Hollybrook Road.
Participants can register to vote, update their registration, ask questions, learn about their polling station and view sample ballots.
Food Truck Thursdays
Food trucks visit Knightdale Station Park from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 5-8 p.m. Thursdays at 810 N. First Ave. The complete schedule is online at knightdalenc.gov.
June’s food trucks are:
▪ June 23: Bulkogi at both times, with Lumpy’s Ice Cream in the evening.
▪ June 30: Bo’s Kitchen at lunch and Baguettaboutit and Kona Ice at dinner.
Outdoor Movie Night
Knightdale’s Outdoor Movie Night ends with the last screening, “Independence Day,” on Friday, June 24. The movie will be shown for free at dusk at the Knightdale Station Park Amphitheater, 810 N. First Ave.
Bring chairs or a blanket. Dusty Donuts and Jay’s Italian Ice will be on-site.
Patriot Day Charity Golf Tournament
The fundraiser for The Folds of Honor Foundation begins with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. Friday, July 1, at Riverwood Golf Club in Clayton.
Participation costs $60 per player. Sponsors and donations are welcome. For details, contact Tom Eannarino (919-819-1686 or email@example.com) or Jeff Baker (919-921-6258 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Fourth of July
Knightdale’s celebration on starts at 5 p.m. and ends with fireworks at Knightdale Station Park, 810 N. First Ave. There will be food trucks, kids’ activities and a performance by The Embers. For details, visit bit.ly/1sYHfAf.
Keith Jones Foundation Community Day
A fundraiser for the Keith Jones Athletic Memorial Foundation is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, July 9, at the Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St.
The Senior Center and Resources for Seniors sponsor a caregivers’ support group from 9:30-11 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month at the Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St. For details, call 919-365-4248.
Free Shag and Ballroom Dance Classes, led by Gaylord Picard, will be 2-4 p.m. through Wednesday, Aug. 31, at 323 Lake Drive, Wendell.
Wear shoes with smooth soles. For more information or to sign up, call 919-365-4248.
Support Group for Caregivers
The Support Group for Caregivers, sponsored by Resources for Seniors, is led by a trained Alzheimer’s facilitator. Regular meetings are from 9:30-11 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month at the Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St., Wendell. The support group is a confidential safe place to share one’s challenges, frustrations, sadness and loneliness with others. To register call 919-365-4248.
ESL (English as a Second Language) classes are from 6-7:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Green Pines Baptist Church, 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale. For details, call 919-266-1613.
NAMI Connections Support Group
NAMI Connections Support Group will meet from 7-8:30 p.m. Thursdays at Northside Community Church, 621 N. First Ave., Knightdale. All are welcome. NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) provides free support groups for adults living with a mental illness. Contact Lisa at 919-819-1580 for more information.
East Wake Education Foundation
The East Wake Education Foundation hosts recurring events throughout the year. For a complete list, visit www.EastWakeEducationFoundation.org. Events are at the East Wake Education Foundation Family & Child Resource Center, 16 E. Fourth St., Wendell.
▪ Play Day is 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
▪ Teachable Monday, which offers an in-house field trip or story time and crafts, is at 10 a.m. Mondays.
▪ Ready, Set, Read is at 10 a.m. Tuesdays. The program for children ages 4-5 includes symbol and sound recognition and writing practice.
▪ Wacky Wednesday offers music, stories and art at 10 a.m. Wednesdays.
▪ Thumpin’ Thursday, at 10 a.m. Thursdays, is an exercise program that helps children develop motor skills.
East Regional Library events
East Regional Library at 946 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale, lists activities online at wakegov.com/libraries. For more, call 919-217-5300.
▪ East Regional Library offers storytime for various ages. Baby Storytime is 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Toddler Storytime is 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays and 10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Fridays. Preschool Storytime is 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Mondays, and 10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Thursdays. Family Storytime is 10:30 a.m. Saturdays and 1:30 p.m. Sundays.
Knightdale Parks and Recreation
▪ The Ready to Learn program offers free classes for ages 2 to 5 at Knightdale Parks and Recreation, 950 Steeple Square Court. All classes require parent participation. For more information, contact Shelia Dodd at 919-365-2606 or email@example.com.
Zebulon Library events
Zebulon Community Library, 1000 Dogwood Drive, hosts several ongoing events. For information, visit wakegov.com/libraries/locations or call 919-404-3610.
▪ Story time: 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
▪ K-5 Adventures: 4:30 p.m. Thursdays.