• The Wendell Rams youth football and cheerleading organization is now accepting registration for flag football for ages 5-6, and cheerleading and tackle football for ages 6-12. For more information, contact Len Boykin at 919-291-8985.
• Zebulon Parks and Recreation will hold registration for fall baseball and softball for youth ages 7-14 through July 25. All ages for baseball are determined as of May 1, 2015, and for softball as of Jan. 1, 2015. The cost is $40 for residents and $60 for non-residents. For more information, call Zebulon Parks and Recreation at 823-1815.
• Registration for the Zebulon Parks and Recreation men’s church softball league is now open and will run through Aug. 1. The fee is $400 per team and must be paid when registering. Play will begin in late August with games on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and/or Fridays. All teams will be guaranteed twelve games. For more information, call Zebulon Parks and Recreation at 823-1815.
• Registration for the Tri-County Soccer Club’s fall season is ongoing. For more information, visit
• Registration for Zebulon Parks and Recreation’s new co-ed youth soccer league will run July 21 through Aug. 1. The league will be split into 4-to-5-year-old and 6-7 age divisions, with all ages determined as of Aug. 1, 2014. The cost is $40 for residents and $60 for non-residents. Teams will have one practice and one game per week, with games played on Saturday mornings or afternoons. The season is scheduled to begin in late August and run through late October. For more information, call Zebulon Parks and Recreation at 823-1815.
• Fall registration is now open for the East Wake Soccer Association for youth ages 4-16. Due to an increase in interest, the EWSA will also offer U17 recreational co-ed soccer for the first time. For more information, visitwww.eastwakesoccer.org
• The Knightdale Knights football registration and family day will be held from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday, July 26, behind Knightdale Elementary, 109 Ridge St., Knightdale. Registrations will be held for football and cheerleading for children ages 4-12. Registration is $107 for tackle football and cheerleading, $57 for flag football and mascot cheerleading. The first practice is 6:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 4. Visit KnightdaleKnights.org for more information.
• The 2014 Mossey Faison Eastern Wake Invitational golf tournament will be held Aug. 23-24 at Wendell Country Club, 180 Jake May Drive #108, Wendell. Entry is $95 per player or $190 per team. Registration deadline is Aug. 21. Call 919-365-7337 for more information.
Youth golf season
Free youth golf clinics are held 5-6:30 p.m. on Thursdays at Zebulon Country Club, 2424 Pearces Road, at the practice facility near the A-frame building.
Also, registration is now open for Zebulon’s team in the Eastern N.C. Junior Golf League. The clinics and team are organized by Rocky Winstead and coached by Peyton Windley and Emily Stallings, and several other high school golfers who have come up through the program.
Call Zebulon Country Club at 919-269-8311, or Winstead at 252-230-4268 for more information.
Wendell Country Club also has a youth team in the local division of the Eastern N.C. Junior Golf League. For more information, call the Wendell club at 919-365-7337.
The Zebulon Swimming Pool Association offers American Red Cross swimming lessons for children ages 4-15. The cost is $25 for members and $35 for non-members. Classes are 6:30-7:30 p.m. Aug. 4-7. Call 919-291-9288 for more information.
• Zebulon Parks and Recreation will hold a basketball camp July 21-24 for youth ages 8-14 at the Zebulon Community Center, 301 S. Arendell Ave., Zebulon. The camp will run from 9 a.m. to noon. The deadline to register is July 11. The camp will be instructed by Zebulon Middle School coach Mike Murray. The cost is $50 for residents and $60 for non-residents. Call the Zebulon Community Center at 919-823-0432 for more information.
• Knightdale Parks and Recreation will hold summer camps for youth ages 5-13 from now through Aug. 15. All camps run weekdays from 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Adventure Camp (ages 5-7, $100 per week) and Explorer Camp (ages 8-10, $110 per week) will meet at the Knightdale Recreation Center, 102 Lawson Ridge Road, Knightdale. Quest Camp (ages 11-13, $125 per week) will meet at the Knightdale Community Pool and Clubhouse, 202 Milburnie Road, Knightdale. The camps offer a wide variety of activities including arts and crafts, fitness, gymnastics, nature-related programs and indoor and outdoor recreation activities. Campers will visit the pool, enjoy presentations by guests, go on weekly field trips and take part in camp-wide parties. For more information, call Megan Thornton at 919-217-2236.
• Zebulon Parks and Recreation will hold a tennis camp July 21-24 for youth ages 9-14 at Whitley Park, 601 N. Wakefield St., Zebulon. The camp will run from 9-11 a.m. The camp will be instructed by Allen White. The cost is $50 for residents and $60 for non-residents. Call the Zebulon Community Center at 919-823-0432 for more information.