Sports Briefs: July 23
07/22/2014 3:04 PM
07/22/2014 3:05 PM
Knightdale Dragons Pop Warner Football and Cheer teams will host a flapjack fundraiser from 8 to 10 a.m. Saturday, July 26, at 6009 Knightdale Blvd., Knightdale. Tickets are $7 and can be purchased at the door or by calling 919-749-6090.
Registrations open• The Wendell Rams youth football and cheerleading organization is now accepting registration for flag football for ages 5-6, and cheerleading and tackle football for ages 6-12. For more information, contact Len Boykin at 919-291-8985.
• Zebulon Parks and Recreation will hold registration for fall baseball and softball for youth ages 7-14 through July 25. All ages for baseball are determined as of May 1, 2015, and for softball as of Jan. 1, 2015. The cost is $40 for residents and $60 for non-residents. For more information, call Zebulon Parks and Recreation at 823-1815.
• Registration for the Zebulon Parks and Recreation men’s church softball league is now open and will run through Aug. 1. The fee is $400 per team and must be paid when registering. Play will begin in late August with games on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and/or Fridays. All teams will be guaranteed 12 games. For more information, call Zebulon Parks and Recreation at 919-823-1815.
• Registration for the Tri-County Soccer Club’s fall season is ongoing. For more information, visit www.tcsoccerclub.net.
• Registration for Zebulon Parks and Recreation’s new co-ed youth soccer league will run through Aug. 1. The league will be split into 4-to-5-year-old and 6-7 age divisions, with all ages determined as of Aug. 1, 2014. The cost is $40 for residents and $60 for non-residents. Teams will have one practice and one game per week, with games played on Saturday mornings or afternoons. The season is scheduled to begin in late August and run through late October. For more information, call Zebulon Parks and Recreation at 823-1815.
• Fall registration is now open for the East Wake Soccer Association for youth ages 4-16. Due to an increase in interest, the EWSA will also offer U17 recreational co-ed soccer for the first time. For more information, visit www.eastwakesoccer.org.
• The Knightdale Knights football registration and family day will be held from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday, July 26, behind Knightdale Elementary, 109 Ridge St., Knightdale. Registrations will be held for football and cheerleading for children ages 4-12. Registration is $107 for tackle football and cheerleading, $57 for flag football and mascot cheerleading. The first practice is 6:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 4. Visit knightdaleknights.org for more information.
• The 2014 Mossey Faison Eastern Wake Invitational golf tournament will be held Aug. 23-24 at Wendell Country Club, 180 Jake May Drive, Wendell. The entry fee is $95 per player or $190 per team. The registration deadline is Aug. 21. Call 919-365-7337 for more information.
Youth golf clinics
Free youth golf clinics are held 5-6:30 p.m. on Thursdays at Zebulon Country Club, 2424 Pearces Road, at the practice facility near the A-frame building.
Call Zebulon Country Club at 919-269-8311, or Rocky Winstead at 252-230-4268 for more information.
The Zebulon Swimming Pool Association offers American Red Cross swimming lessons for children ages 4-15. The cost is $25 for members and $35 for non-members. Classes are 6:30-7:30 p.m. Aug. 4-7. Call 919-291-9288 for more information.
Summer camps• Knightdale Parks and Recreation will hold summer camps for youth ages 5-13 through Aug. 15. All camps run weekdays from 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Adventure Camp (ages 5-7, $100 per week) and Explorer Camp (ages 8-10, $110 per week) will meet at the Knightdale Recreation Center, 102 Lawson Ridge Road, Knightdale. Quest Camp (ages 11-13, $125 per week) will meet at the Knightdale Community Pool and Clubhouse, 202 Milburnie Road, Knightdale. The camps offer a wide variety of activities including arts and crafts, fitness, gymnastics, nature-related programs and indoor and outdoor recreation activities. Campers will visit the pool, enjoy presentations by guests, go on weekly field trips and take part in camp-wide parties. For more information, call Megan Thornton at 919-217-2236.
Join the Discussion
News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.