• The Wendell Rams youth football and cheerleading organization is now accepting registration for flag football for ages 5-6, and cheerleading and tackle football for ages 6-12. For more information, contact Len Boykin at 919-291-8985.
• Registration for the Zebulon Parks and Recreation men’s church softball league is now open and will run through Aug. 1. The fee is $400 per team and must be paid when registering. Play will begin in late August with games on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and/or Fridays. All teams will be guaranteed 12 games. For more information, call Zebulon Parks and Recreation at 919-823-1815.
• Registration for the Tri-County Soccer Club’s fall season is ongoing. For more information, visitwww.tcsoccerclub.net
• Registration for Zebulon Parks and Recreation’s new co-ed youth soccer league will run through Aug. 1. The league will be split into 4-to-5-year-old and 6-7 age divisions, with all ages determined as of Aug. 1, 2014. The cost is $40 for residents and $60 for non-residents. Teams will have one practice and one game per week, with games played on Saturday mornings or afternoons. The season is scheduled to begin in late August and run through late October. For more information, call Zebulon Parks and Recreation at 823-1815.
• Late registration is now open for the East Wake Soccer Association fall season. Space is limited. Registration can be completed by visitingwww.eastwakesoccer.org
• The 2014 Mossey Faison Eastern Wake Invitational golf tournament will be held Aug. 23-24 at Wendell Country Club, 180 Jake May Drive, Wendell. The entry fee is $95 per player or $190 per team. The registration deadline is Aug. 21. Call 919-365-7337 for more information.
Youth golf clinics
Free youth golf clinics are held 5-6:30 p.m. on Thursdays at Zebulon Country Club, 2424 Pearces Road, at the practice facility near the A-frame building.
Call Zebulon Country Club at 919-269-8311, or Rocky Winstead at 252-230-4268 for more information.
The Zebulon Swimming Pool Association offers American Red Cross swimming lessons for children ages 4-15. The cost is $25 for members and $35 for non-members. Classes are 6:30-7:30 p.m. Aug. 4-7. Call 919-291-9288 for more information.
• Knightdale Parks and Recreation will hold summer camps for youth ages 5-13 through Aug. 15. All camps run weekdays from 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Adventure Camp (ages 5-7, $100 per week) and Explorer Camp (ages 8-10, $110 per week) will meet at the Knightdale Recreation Center, 102 Lawson Ridge Road, Knightdale. Quest Camp (ages 11-13, $125 per week) will meet at the Knightdale Community Pool and Clubhouse, 202 Milburnie Road, Knightdale. The camps offer a wide variety of activities including arts and crafts, fitness, gymnastics, nature-related programs and indoor and outdoor recreation activities. Campers will visit the pool, enjoy presentations by guests, go on weekly field trips and take part in camp-wide parties. For more information, call Megan Thornton at 919-217-2236.