A reverse raffle is scheduled for Friday, Feb. 28 from 6-9 p.m. at Archer Lodge Middle School, 762 Wendell Road in Wendell.
Tickets are $100 and come with two meals and the chance at $10,000. All proceeds go back into the Archer Lodge Community Center building and park.
For more information, call 919-550-1738.
• Registration for Wendell Parks and Recreation’s girls volleyball program will run through March 6.
The program is open to 7-9, 10-12, and 13-14 age groups, as of Sept. 1. Games and practices will be held Tuesday or Thursday nights. The season will begin in April and end the second week of June.
For more information, call 919-366-2266.
• The Tri-County Soccer Club is holding spring registrations and is looking for players for its U12 boys and girls challenge divisions.
For more information, email Darin Dixon at firstname.lastname@example.org@gmail.com.
Towns hold fitness classes
• Knightdale Parks and Recreation now offers Katandi classes on Fridays from 6:30-8 p.m. at the new K-Fit Center, 426 N. First Ave.
The cost is $5 per class for adults. Children age 15 or younger can attend for $3 or for free if accompanied by an adult.
Katandi West African rhythmic movement connects with the rhythms of African drums while learning fundamental and traditional movements derived from Guinea, Mali and Senegal.
• The Knightdale Recreation Center is offering several fitness opportunities for children.
Kindertot, for 2-year-olds, meets Thursdays from 3-3:30 p.m. at a cost of $35 per month (four sessions). The program is designed to develop gross motor skills, movement creativity, physical development and body awareness, while learning numbers, colors, shapes and songs.
Kinderdance, for ages 3-5, meets Wednesdays from 6:30-7:15 p.m. at a cost of $42 per month. This is a developmental dance, movement and fitness program taught on three levels. It teaches the basics of ballet, tap, acrobatics and creative movement while blending educational concepts.
Registration for these programs can be completed at Knightdale Town Hall, 950 Steeple Square Court, or by calling owner/instructor Elizabeth Littleton at 919-274-7055.
Abrakadoodle, for ages 20 months to 12 years old, meets Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings. Twoosy (20 months to 3 years old) will be offered from 9-9:45 a.m. Saturday and 4-4:45 p.m. Tuesday. Mini-Doodler (3 and a half to 5 years old) will be offered from 10-10:45 a.m. Saturday and 4-4:45 p.m. Thursday. Doodler (5 and a half to 12 years old) will be offered from 11 a.m. to noon Saturday. Twoosy and Mini-Doodler classes are $54 per session, and Doodler classes are $58. For more information, call 919-217-2236.
• Knightdale Parks and Recreation is now offering Tuesday night yoga classes at the new K-Fit Center, 426 N. First Ave.
The classes run from 5:15-6:15 p.m. at a cost of $7 per class. Participants are asked to bring their own mat and bottled water.
For more information, call 919-217-2236.
• Zumba classes are held from 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday at the K-Fit Center. The cost is $5 per class, pay at time of class.
• Mandy’s Aerobics is an ongoing class held at the K-Fit Center.
Class are held Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30-9 a.m. (abs) and 9-10 a.m. (step/sculpt). Classes also meet Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m., and Sundays beginning at 6 p.m.
The cost is $5 per class, and all equipment is provided except for a mat or towel and water bottle. For more information, call 919-217-2236.
The Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St., has several offerings for those interested in exercising. For more information on the following programs, call the center at 919-366-2266.
• Total Body Fitness with Beth Narron is held Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8 a.m. and Zumba is held Tuesdays at 6 p.m.
• Boot Camp fitness class with Beth Narron meets Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
• The community center weight room is open Monday to Thursday from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. The cost for all members is $10 per month.
The Zebulon Community Center, 301 S. Arendell Ave., has several offerings for those interested in exercise and health-related events. For more information on the following programs, call the center at 919-823-0432.
• Kid’s Fitness for grades K-5 gives children an opportunity to learn more about fitness, exercise and healthy eating.
The class, instructed by Amy Scaggs, consists of age-appropriate exercises (cardio and body weight muscle work), games that include moving and a short lesson on healthy eating.
There is a five-child minimum and 12-child maximum for the classes, which will meet Thursdays from 4-5 p.m. The cost per month is $15 for residents and $20 for nonresidents.
• Zumba classes are offered Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-7 p.m. Yoga classes are held Wednesdays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 6 p.m.
Strength training is offered Thursdays at 9 a.m. and trekking meets Tuesdays at 9 a.m. Use your get fit pass ($25 for residents and $30 for nonresidents) or pay $5 per class.
• Senior aerobics are held Thursdays at 10 a.m. and cost $3 for Zebulon residents and $4 for out-of-town residents per visit. Senior walking group meets Wednesdays at 10 a.m.
• Family gym time is offered free on Mondays from 4-5:30 p.m. for children 15 and younger with parental supervision.
Children ages 7-12 can take part in open gym on Tuesdays from 4:30-5:30 p.m. for $1 per visit. Open gym for youth ages 13-17 is Wednesdays from 4-5:30 p.m. for $1 per visit. And open gym for adults 18 and older is offered on Tuesdays from 6:30-8 p.m. at a cost of $2 for residents and $3 for nonresidents.
• Karate classes are held Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. Cost is $35 for Zebulon residents, $45 for out-of-town residents.
• Senior cards time is held for free Tuesdays and Fridays at 10 a.m.
• Free walking programs are offered Monday through Friday from 7-11 a.m.