Cow Patty Bingo upcoming
Rolesville High School will hold Cow Patty Bingo from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the football field of Rolesville High, 1099 E. Young St., Rolesville.
Tickets are $5 per square and can be purchased through firstname.lastname@example.org through May 7.
The cow will be released at 2 p.m., and the first square to have a cow patty dropped on it will be the winner of the $500 cash prize.
• Registration is now open for youth basketball with Knightdale Parks and Recreation.
Boys ages 9-10, 11-12, 13-14 and 15-17 as of May 1 may register until April 15. The fee is $37 for residents and $52 for non-residents. A skills evaluation will be held May 6 and 7 at Forestville Road Elementary’s gymnasium, 100 Lawson Ridge Road, Knightdale.
Ages 9-10 and 13-14 will try out from 6-7 p.m., and ages 11-12 and 15-17 will try out from 7-8 p.m.
Email email@example.com@knightdalenc.gov for more information.
• Knightdale Dragons Pop Warner football and cheer registration will be open May 3, 17 and 31 and June 14 and 28 at the Knightdale Walmart, 7106 Knightdale Blvd., Knightdale, and May 10 and 24 at the Knightdale Dick’s Sporting Goods, 220 Hinton Oaks Blvd., Knightdale.
Online registration is currently open at knightdaledragons.com.
Call 919-868-9166 or email firstname.lastname@example.org@gmail.com for more information.
• The Zebulon Swim Team is now accepting applications for ages 3-18.
Practices start May 19 and are held at the Zebulon Swimming Pool Association, 309 W. Glenn St., Zebulon, and at Zebulon Country Club, 2424 Pearces Road.
A parent/swimmer information session will be held at 4 p.m. Sunday, May 4, at the Zebulon Swimming Pool Association.
Call 919-269-2057 for more information.
Towns hold fitness classes
• Knightdale Parks and Recreation now offers Katandi classes on Fridays from 6:30-8 p.m. at the new K-Fit Center, 426 N. First Ave.
The cost is $5 per class for adults. Children age 15 or younger can attend for $3 or for free if accompanied by an adult.
Katandi West African rhythmic movement connects with the rhythms of African drums while learning fundamental and traditional movements derived from Guinea, Mali and Senegal.
• The Knightdale Recreation Center, located at 102 Lawson Ridge Road, offers several fitness opportunities for children.
Kindertot, for 2-year-olds, meets Thursdays from 3-3:30 p.m. at a cost of $35 per month (four sessions). The program is designed to develop gross motor skills, movement creativity, physical development and body awareness, while learning numbers, colors, shapes and songs.
Kinderdance, for ages 3-5, meets Wednesdays from 6:30-7:15 p.m. at a cost of $42 per session. This is a developmental dance, movement and fitness program taught on three levels. It teaches the basics of ballet, tap, acrobatics and creative movement while blending educational concepts.
Registration for these programs can be completed at Knightdale Town Hall, 950 Steeple Square Court, or by calling owner/instructor Elizabeth Littleton at 919-274-7055.
• Knightdale Parks and Recreation is now offering Tuesday night yoga classes at the new K-Fit Center, 426 N. First Ave.
The classes run from 5:15-6:15 p.m. at a cost of $7 per class. Participants are asked to bring their own mat and bottled water.
For more information, call 919-217-2236.
• Zumba classes are held from 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday at the K-Fit Center. The cost is $5 per class, pay at time of class.
• Mandy’s Aerobics is an ongoing class held at the K-Fit Center.
Class are held Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30-9 a.m. (abs) and 9-10 a.m. (step/sculpt). Classes also meet Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m., and Sundays beginning at 6 p.m.
The cost is $5 per class, and all equipment is provided except for a mat or towel and water bottle. For more information, call 919-217-2236.
The Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St., has several offerings for those interested in exercising. For more information on the following programs, call the center at 919-366-2266.
• Living Well in Wendell hosts free classes once a month from 7-8 p.m. in the Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St., Wendell. On April 24, the topic will be “What is healthy eating and how do I begin?”
• Total Body Fitness with Beth Narron is held Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8 a.m. and Zumba is held Tuesdays at 6 p.m.
• Boot Camp fitness class with Beth Narron meets Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
• The community center weight room is open Monday to Thursday from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. The cost for all members is $10 per month.
The Zebulon Community Center, 301 S. Arendell Ave., has several offerings for those interested in exercise and health-related events. For more information on the following programs, call the center at 919-823-0432.
• Kid’s Fitness for grades K-5 gives children an opportunity to learn more about fitness, exercise and healthy eating.
The class, instructed by Amy Scaggs, consists of age-appropriate exercises (cardio and body weight muscle work), games that include moving and a short lesson on healthy eating.
There is a five-child minimum and 12-child maximum for the classes, which will meet Thursdays from 4-5 p.m. The cost per month is $15 for residents and $20 for nonresidents.
• Zumba classes are offered Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-7 p.m. Yoga classes are held Wednesdays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 6 p.m.
Strength training is offered Thursdays at 9 a.m. and trekking meets Tuesdays at 9 a.m. Use your get fit pass ($25 for residents and $30 for nonresidents) or pay $5 per class.
• Senior aerobics are held Thursdays at 10 a.m. and cost $3 for Zebulon residents and $4 for nonresidents per visit. Senior walking group meets Wednesdays at 10 a.m.
• Family gym time is offered free on Mondays from 4-5:30 p.m. for children 15 and younger with parental supervision.
Children ages 7-12 can take part in open gym on Tuesdays from 4:30-5:30 p.m. for $1 per visit. Open gym for youth ages 13-17 is Wednesdays from 4-5:30 p.m. for $1 per visit. And open gym for adults 18 and older is offered on Tuesdays from 6:30-8 p.m. at a cost of $2 for residents and $3 for nonresidents.
• Karate classes are held Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. Cost is $35 for Zebulon residents, $45 for nonresidents.
• Senior cards time is held for free Tuesdays and Fridays at 10 a.m.
• Free walking programs are offered Monday through Friday from 7-11 a.m.