The Knightdale Recreation Center, located at 102 Lawson Ridge Road, offers several fitness opportunities for children. For more information, contact Michelle Wester at 919-217-2232.
▪ Knightdale Parks and Recreation offers a youth basketball program for boys and girls during the winter and summer. The program promotes development of teamwork and individual skills in a fun environment. The winter basketball season will run September to November for ages 5-8 and November to February for Ages 9-17. For more information, call 919-217-2236.
▪ Knightdale Parks and Recreation holds a yoga class every Sunday from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. at the K-Fit Center, 426 N. First Ave., Knightdale. The cost is $8 per class and can be paid on site with cash or credit. For more information, call 919-217-2234.
▪ The Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St., has several offerings for those interested in exercising – including Zumba classes and weightlifting programs. For more information, call the center at 919-366-2266.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Wendell Parks and Recreation holds CPR/AED, first aid, and child and babysitting safety classes at the Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St. For times and other details, call 919-366-2266.
▪ The Zebulon Community Center, 301 S. Arendell Ave., has several offerings for those interested in exercise and health-related events. They include: aerobics; Piyo (pilates and yoga, combined); “Hip Hop Hustle” and line dancing; karate; walking programs for seniors; and Zumba. For more information on any of their programs, call the center at 919-823-0432.