Garner PD swears in new officer
Thomas Edwards was sworn in as the Garner Police Department's newest officer on Feb. 9. Edwards began his career with Garner Police as a services officer in June 2014 and worked in that position while attending basic law enforcement training. He graduated from the BLET program at Wake Technical Community College in Dec. 2014.
Small Business Seminars
Johnston Community College is offering the following seminars through its Small Business Center at the Johnston County Workforce Development Center, 135 Best Wood Dr., Clayton. Registration is now open.
▪ 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, March 17, Steps to Financing Your Small Business
▪ 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, March 24, How to Raise Your Credit Score
▪ noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday, March 25, LinkedIn for Your Small Business
▪ 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, March 31, Contracting 101: Doing Business with the Federal Government
▪ 6 to 9 p.m., Tuesday, April 7, How to Start a Nonprofit
▪ 8 to 10 a.m. Thursday, April 9, N.C. Department of Labor and Your Small Business: What You Need to Know
▪ 6 to 8 p.m., Tuesday, April 14, Effectively Marketing your Small Business to the Federal Government and Contractors
▪ 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday, April 16, So You Think You Want to Start a Small Business?
▪ 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, April 28, What Are Nonprofit Articles and Bylaws?
For more information on seminars, contact Pat Killette at 919-209-2015 or register online at www.ncsbc.net/center.aspx?center=75280.