Mount Zion United Methodist Church will hold a summer market from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at 15772 N.C. 50, Garner. Vendors are invited to sell artwork, jewelry, crafts and holiday gifts. Call 919-772-8415 or email Info@MountZion-UMC.org for a vendor application.
Vacation Bible school
• The Kids of Courage VBS from Voice of the Martyrs introduces students to real Kids of Courage at risk for their faith in China, Egypt, Nigeria, North Korea and India. Students learn how bold believers around the world live, worship and play. The program runs July 27-31, with a final program Sunday Aug. 3. Program is located at Garner Church of Christ, 1364 Benson Road, Garner. Sign up at christianchurch-garnerchurchofchrist.org.
• Saint Andrews United Methodist Chuch will hold a vacation Bible school from 6 to 8 p.m. Aug. 10-14 at 1201 Maxwell Drive, Raleigh. Ages 3 through 5th grade.
New Bethel Baptist Church will hold a craft show from Nov. 8-9 and is in need of vendors. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Mount Moriah Preschool is accepting registration for the fall for ages 18 months to 4 years. Homeschool enrichment classes are also offered for kindergarten-5th grade children. Call 919-772-1273 or visit mountmoriahpreschool.net for more information. The Johnston County public school’s calendar is followed.
• Highland Baptist Child Enrichment Center at 8524 Crowder Road, Raleigh is accepting registration for the fall for children ages 1 to 4. Call 919-779-6768 or visit HighlandBaptistChurch.org.
• The Growing Place is a half-day preschool located at Aversboro Road Baptist Church, 1600 Aversboro Road, Garner. The preschool continues to accept registrations for its Fall 2014 program that serves infants through pre-K children.
• Shiloh Baptist Church hosts GriefShare, DivorceCare and DivorceCare for Kids support groups at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays at 3414 N. Shiloh Road, Garner. There is no cost, and participants may enter at any session. Child care is available upon request. For more information, visitwww.shilohgarner.org
or call 919-553-3319.
• The Capital Church will host a 13-week DivorceCare support group at 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays, starting Aug. 6, at 1308 U.S. 70, Garner. Call 919-772-5919 or visit DivorceCare.org for more information.
• Mount Zion United Methodist Church’s Healing Hope Cancer Support Group will meet from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on the third Monday of each month, in the Share & Care classroom at the church, 15772 N.C. 50, Garner. Email email@example.com or 919-550-9092.
• The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints hosts a New Testament Bible study at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at 1433 Aversboro Road, Garner. The group is ongoing. For more information, visitmormonbiblestudy.wordpress.com
• Men’s Bible study of Johnston County continues a verse-by-verse study of the Gospel of St. Matthew 7-8:30 p.m. Mondays at First Baptist Church, 202 S. Fourth St., Smithfield. This study group runs through May. Visitwww.mbsjohnstoncounty.com