Hayes youth activities
Hayes Chapel Christian Church will start the 2014/15 AWANA and CIA youth activities (grades K through 12) on Sunday, Sept. 7. Meetings will be each Sunday from 5:45 to 7:30 p.m. Preregistration will take place from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 30, at the church, 315 E. Garner Road, Garner. All youth are invited. There is no cost to participate. For more information call Bob Daubenspeck at 919-772-5710.
Providence Presbyterian Church will offer LOGOS, a faith-based program of education for children and youth from age 3 through grade 12, from 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 7, at 14664 N.C. 210, Angier. Visit providencepresb.org for more information.
Never miss a local story.
The ninth annual Family Fun Festival will be held Saturday, Sept. 6 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 5771 N.C. 42, Garner. Activities include carnival games, inflatables, face painting, pony rides and food. For more information contact Pastor Mike Knight of Community Baptist Church at 919-773-3131.
Mount Zion United Methodist Church will hold its annual barbecue chicken fundraiser from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, Sept. 12, at 15772 N.C. 50, Garner. Plates are $8 for adults and $4 for children 4-12, free for children 3 and under, and include chicken, boiled potatoes, green beans, a roll and dessert. Email email@example.com for more information.
Financial Peace classes
Ernest Myatt Presbyterian Church will host Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University classes at 6:30 p.m. Thursdays, Sept. 4 through Oct. 30, at 4926 Fayetteville Road, Raleigh. The cost is $93. Call 919-772-4611 for more information.
Garner United Methodist Men will hold a fish fry with lunch at 11 a.m. and dinner at 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 5, at 201 Methodist Drive, Garner. Eat-in or takeout plates are $8.
Saint Andrews United Methodist Church will hold a “Low Country Boil Dinner” at 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 27, at 1201 Maxwell Drive, Raleigh. Proceeds will go toward the building fund. Visit SaintAndrewsUMC.org or call 919-772-4410 for more information.
Oakland Presbyterian Church will hold its Craft Sale Bazaar from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 22, at 8927 Cleveland Road, Clayton. The church is seeking crafters to sell handcrafted items in single, double, outdoor parking lot and special spaces. For more information call 919-934-5476.
• New Bethel Baptist Church will hold a craft show from Nov. 8-9 and is in need of vendors. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Mount Moriah Preschool is accepting registration for the fall for ages 18 months to 4 years. Homeschool enrichment classes are also offered for kindergarten-5th grade children. Call 919-772-1273 or visit mountmoriahpreschool.net for more information. The Johnston County public school’s calendar is followed.
• Highland Baptist Child Enrichment Center at 8524 Crowder Road, Raleigh is accepting registration for the fall for children ages 1 to 4. Call 919-779-6768 or visit HighlandBaptistChurch.org.
• The Growing Place is a half-day preschool located at Aversboro Road Baptist Church, 1600 Aversboro Road, Garner. The preschool continues to accept registrations for its Fall 2014 program that serves infants through pre-K children.
• Saint Andrews United Methodist Church Preschool is accepting registration for the fall for toddlers through pre-K. Hours are 9:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. or 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Call 919-773-2606 or visit saintandrewsumc.org to register.
• Bethesda Baptist Church WEE Ones preschool will run from 9:15 a.m. to 1 p.m., beginning Sept. 2, at 4967 U.S. 70 Business, Clayton. Enroll at BethesdaClayton.com or call 919-907-0933.
• Shiloh Baptist Church hosts GriefShare, DivorceCare and DivorceCare for Kids support groups at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays at 3414 N. Shiloh Road, Garner. There is no cost, and participants may enter at any session. Child care is available upon request. For more information, visitwww.shilohgarner.org
or call 919-553-3319.
• Mount Zion United Methodist Church’s Healing Hope Cancer Support Group will meet from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on the third Monday of each month, in the Share & Care classroom at the church, 15772 N.C. 50, Garner. Email email@example.com or 919-550-9092.
• Sisters Sharing the Savior will study Isaiah using the Life Change Series as a guide from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. from Sept. 9 through mid-March at Christ Community United Methodist Church, 1082 Amelia Church Road, Clayton. Call 919-989-8974 for more information.
• The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints hosts a New Testament Bible study at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at 1433 Aversboro Road, Garner. The group is ongoing. For more information, visitmormonbiblestudy.wordpress.com
• Men’s Bible study of Johnston County continues a verse-by-verse study of the Gospel of St. Matthew 7-8:30 p.m. Mondays at First Baptist Church, 202 S. Fourth St., Smithfield. This study group runs through May. Visitwww.mbsjohnstoncounty.com