New Bethel Baptist Church will hold a craft show from Nov. 8-9 and is in need of vendors. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Feed My Sheep Food Pantry will be open from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, Nov. 8, at Christ Community United Methodist Church, 1082 Amelia Church Road, Clayton. For details, call 919-553-9770.
Harvest Sale and Auction
The Women’s Fellowship Harvest Sale and Auction will be at 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, at Plymouth Church, 6104 Rock Service Station Road, Raleigh. A meal will be served from 4:30 to 6 p.m., and the auction will begin at 6:30 p.m.
City on a Hill Community Church will host a Flapjack Fundraiser at 8 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, at the Applebee’s at 5158 N.C. 42 West, Garner. All proceeds will go toward completing the church’s sanctuary. Tickets are $7 and can be purchased at the door or by calling 919-427-5580.
CreARTive Spirit Paint Night will give participants an opportunity to experience social painting in a Christian environment from 7 to 9 p.m. Friday, Nov. 14, at ELEOS, 1701 Aversboro Road, Garner. The cost is $30 per person and includes hors d’oeuvres and supplies. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Visit eleosgarner.com for more information.
Discovery Church Preschool will host a shopping spree fundraiser from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 15, at 195 N.C. 42 East, Clayton. Vendors will sell handmade crafts, jewelry, tote bags and holiday gifts. For details or to obtain a vendor space, email email@example.com or call 919-632-6082.
Holiday support group
Shiloh Baptist Church will host “Surviving the Holidays” from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 15, at 3414 N. Shiloh Road, Garner. The workshop is designed to help those who are grieving the loss of a loved one or going through divorce deal with facing the holidays. There is no cost, and childcare is provided upon request. For details, visit shilohgarner.org.
The Salvation Army of Johnston County and Triangle Travelers for Jesus, the Raleigh chapter of the Christian Motorcyclists Association, will hold the 19th annual Ina Fitts Memorial Toy Run at 9 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 15, starting at Capital PowerSports, 10920 Star Road, Wake Forest. Participants will stop at Garcia Moto and Team PowerSports at 222 U.S. 70 East, Garner, before heading to the Wal Mart at 1299 Brightleaf Blvd., Smithfield. Riders are asked to bring a new, unwrapped toy to donate. There will be drop boxes at each dealership. For details, call Richard Streib at 919-673-1522.
Able to Serve, Inc. will host a Santa Shop from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 15, at First Baptist Church, 601 St. Mary’s St., Garner. There will be vendors, crafts and food. Santa will visit from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. For details, call 919-779-5545.
Oakland Presbyterian Church will hold its Craft Sale Bazaar from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 22, at 8927 Cleveland Road, Clayton. There will be breakfast and lunch items for sale, and babysitting will be provided. For details, call 919-934-5476.
• Mount Moriah Preschool is accepting registration for the fall for ages 18 months to 4 years. Homeschool enrichment classes are also offered for kindergarten-5th grade children. Call 919-772-1273 or visit mountmoriahpreschool.net for more information. The Johnston County public school’s calendar is followed.
• Highland Baptist Child Enrichment Center at 8524 Crowder Road, Raleigh is accepting registration for the fall for children ages 1 to 4. Call 919-779-6768 or visit HighlandBaptistChurch.org.
• The Growing Place is a half-day preschool located at Aversboro Road Baptist Church, 1600 Aversboro Road, Garner. The preschool continues to accept registrations for its Fall 2014 program that serves infants through pre-K children.
• Saint Andrews United Methodist Church Preschool is accepting registration for the fall for toddlers through pre-K. Hours are 9:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. or 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Call 919-773-2606 or visit saintandrewsumc.org to register.
• Bethesda Baptist Church WEE Ones preschool will run from 9:15 a.m. to 1 p.m., beginning Sept. 2, at 4967 U.S. 70 Business, Clayton. Enroll at BethesdaClayton.com or call 919-907-0933.
• Shiloh Baptist Church hosts GriefShare, DivorceCare and DivorceCare for Kids support groups at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays at 3414 N. Shiloh Road, Garner. There is no cost, and participants may enter at any session. Child care is available upon request. For more information, visitwww.shilohgarner.org
or call 919-553-3319.
• Mount Zion United Methodist Church’s Healing Hope Cancer Support Group will meet from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on the third Monday of each month, in the Share & Care classroom at the church, 15772 N.C. 50, Garner. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-550-9092.
• Sisters Sharing the Savior will study Isaiah using the Life Change Series as a guide from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. from Sept. 9 through mid-March at Christ Community United Methodist Church, 1082 Amelia Church Road, Clayton. Call 919-989-8974 for more information.
• The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints hosts a New Testament Bible study at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at 1433 Aversboro Road, Garner. The group is ongoing. For more information, visitmormonbiblestudy.wordpress.com
• Men’s Bible study of Johnston County continues a verse-by-verse study of the Gospel of St. Matthew 7-8:30 p.m. Mondays at First Baptist Church, 202 S. Fourth St., Smithfield. This study group runs through May. Visitwww.mbsjohnstoncounty.com