Cleveland High School Booster Club will host a golf tournament 1-5:30 p.m. Friday, July 26 at Reedy Creek Golf Course, 585 Reedy Creek Road, Four Oaks. Entry fee for teams is $260 for the four-person superball format. Hole sponsorship is $325. For information, call Michelle Corbett at 919-524-4671 or Kay Davenport at 919-389-3771, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Southeast Regional Library has an extensive list of activities for the whole family in July and August. The library has scheduled several programs highlighting American music and artwork in July and August. Bassoonist John Pedersen will perform at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 29. Pedersen’s performance is part of the North Carolina Symphony’s Instrument Zoo series for young children. All programs are free. For more information, visit www.wakegov.com/libraries/events or call 919-662-2250.
Never miss a local story.
Car seat safety checks
Trained staff members from Wake County Human Services will make safety checks on child car seats from 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Aug. 8, in the parking lot at the Southeast Regional Library.
• Garner Senior High School class of 1973 is holding its 40th year reunion 7:30-11:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept.14, at the University Club, 4200 Hillsborough St., Raleigh. For information, email email@example.com or write GSHS Class of 1973, PO Box 37983, Raleigh, NC 27627.
• Garner Senior High School class of 1978 is holding its 35th year reunion at 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 13 at the Garner home football game vs. Cary at Trojan Stadium, and 7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 14, at Aversboro Restaurant and Sports Bar in Garner. The charge is $15. Make checks payable to “GSHS class of 1978” and send to Kim Mundy Byars, 2603 Cravenridge Place, Garner, NC 27529. For information email, Kim Mundy Byars at firstname.lastname@example.org. RSVP on the Garner Class of 1978 Facebook group page.
The Lake Benson boathouse has opened for the season at 975 Buffaloe Road, Garner. Hours are 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturdays, and noon-7 p.m. Sundays. It will be closed on Fridays in July and August. Boat rentals start at $4 an hour. No private boats are allowed. Free fishing is available from the dock. Call Stephanie Shaffer at 919-661-6892 or visit www.garnernc.gov.
Design a video game or create a website. Learn what it’s like to run a business. Wake Tech Community College will offer summer camps for middle- and high-school students. Topics include engineering, youth entrepreneurship, video game design, robotics, drama, photo editing, biotechnology and website creation. Visit http://summercamps.waketech.edu or call 919-866-5820.
Classic Car Club meets
Memory Lane Classic Car Club meets for dinner at 6 p.m. followed by the meeting at 7 p.m. the third Monday of the month at Golden Corral, 60 Son Lan Parkway, Garner. For more information, call 919-553-6229.
• Johnston Community College will offer several new summer courses including: Beginner’s Guide to Computers, Keyboarding, Microsoft Excel 2010 for Beginners and MS PowerPoint 2010. JCC is also offering an Office Applications Certificate course and a Human Services Certificate. To register go tojohnstoncc.edu
or call Brenda Harris at 919-209-2522.
• Johnston Community College will offer a manicurist class 5-9:30 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays, July 29-Dec. 12, in the Wilson Building, Room C2019, on the main campus in Smithfield. Registration is $180. To register, call Jennifer Wells at 919- 209-2107.
• Johnston Community College’s Corporate Solutions is offering several training workshops this summer for business and industry professionals. Call Shelley Gardner at 919-209-2591 or email email@example.com.
An Overeaters Anonymous support group meets at 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays at First Presbyterian Church at the corner of Lakeside Drive and N.C. 50 in Garner. Park in the rear of the church and look for the OA signs. Call Sherylyn at 919-779-6392 or Regina at 919-614-3425.
Clayton Youth Theater
Clayton Youth Theater will perform “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” at 7:30 p.m. July 26-27 and Aug. 1-3 at the Clayton Center. With music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyrics by Tim Rice, the Biblical saga of Joseph and his coat of many colors comes to vibrant life. For tickets or more information, call 919-553-1737 or visit theclaytoncenter.com.
Country Music shows
Johnston Community College Performing Arts Country Music shows are 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 2, and 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3, at the Paul A. Johnston Auditorium, Johnston Community College, 269 College Road, Smithfield. For information, call 919-209-2099 or visit johnstoncc.edu/performingarts/events.