A barbecue chicken fundraiser will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, Jan. 31, at Wakefield Central Baptist, 308 Proctor St., Zebulon. Proceeds will go to support Dew4Him Ministries, a local non-profit that seeks to empower women in the community by offering practical life and spiritual classes. Tickets are $7 per plate, and plates will be sold until supplies are depleted. Eat-in or takeout, local delivery is available for pre-orders of 10 or more to the same address. Tickets are available at the Dew4Him Ministries Offices, 614 N. Arendell Ave., Zebulon, or by calling 919-868-5932 or emailing email@example.com.
The Forward Group of Good Hope Baptist Church will host a gospel dinner concert at 4 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 22, in the church’s Multipurpose Building, 4209 S. Smithfield Road, Knightdale. “The Chosen Voices” will render music for the event. Admission is $20 for adults and $10 for children under 12. Proceeds will go to the building fund. For more information, call 919-585-6584.
Never miss a local story.
Church men’s event
Faith Baptist Church will host a men’s event at 6:30 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 25, at 2728 Marks Creek Road, Knightdale. The theme of the meeting is “Legacy,” with special guest speaker Dr. Tony Evans, founder and pastor of the 9,500-member Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship in Dallas. For tickets and more information, visit www.faith-baptist.com.
Full Reliance will sing at 6 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23. at Vision Baptist Church, 7633 Buffaloe Road, Raleigh. For more information, call 919-266-1185.
A grief support group meets the second and fourth Thursday of the month at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 125 S. Selma Road, Wendell. Meetings are at 7 p.m. in the church office. For more information, call 919-365-7979. The group will not meet during February. A new session will begin in March.
• Word of God Church in Zebulon has Bible study at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 252-452-7674 for more information.
• The Women’s Study Group at Zebulon United Methodist Church meets from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays. Call 919-269-9408.
• The couples fellowship of Zebulon First Baptist Church meets at 7 p.m. the third Friday of each month at 304 E. Barbee St., Zebulon. Call 919-269-7355.
• Mt. Zion Holiness Church, 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon, has Bible study at noon and 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call 919-227-6266.
• An adult singles group meets at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Saturdays of the month at Pearces Baptist Church, 4634 Pearces Road, Zebulon. Call 919-269-9768 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Wendell Baptist Preschool is registering children ages 2-4 for its half-day preschool program. The church also offers a five-day prekindergarten program. Call 919-365-3103 for more information.
• Zebulon United Methodist Church Preschool offers two-, three- and five-day programs for children ages 16 months to 4 years. Call 919-269-6554 or email@example.com
• Heritage Baptist Church Preschool is accepting children all year round. The church offers programs for children ages 6 weeks through 4 years. Call 919-269-6504.
• Green Pines Baptist Church operates a food pantry from 6 to 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays at 1498 Hodge Road, Knightdale.
• Mt. Zion United Holiness Church runs a soup kitchen from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday at 200 E. Stronach Ave., Zebulon.
• Brown Bag Ministry serves free lunches from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays at Zebulon United Methodist Church, 121 W. Gannon Ave. For more information, call Cindy Privette at 919-269-8359.
• Table of Grace offers dinners at 6 p.m. on the last Monday of the month at Wendell United Methodist Church, 129 N. Main St.