Cookbook on sale
Hope Church has completed its new cookbook, titled “Seasoned with Hope & Love.” The book is available for $15 through several Garner businesses including Annie V’s Florist, 919-553-7197; Blackley’s Printing, 919-553-6813; Clayton Steakhouse, 919-553-2299; and several others. The books are also available directly from the church at 919-553-5482. Visit HopeChurchClayton.org.
Holy Week worship opportunities will be held at the Lord of Life Lutheran Church, 2100 Buffaloe Road, Garner.
The Blessing of the Palms and Procession into the sanctuary will begin in the church parking lot.
The Garden of Gethsemane service will be held with the traditional stripping of the altar.
Good Friday services will be held with the “Stations of the Cross” at noon and a worship service at 7 p.m.
•6:30 and 10 a.m. Sunday, April 20:
A sunrise Easter service will be held at 6:30 a.m. at Lake Benson, followed by a breakfast and a Celebration of the Resurrection service at 10 a.m. in the church sanctuary.
Easter egg hunts
• Broken Wing Fellowship will host an Easter egg hunt and cook out at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, at 1837 E. Garner Road, Raleigh. There will be an Easter egg hunt for children of all ages and hot dogs and hamburgers afterwards. For more information call 919-427-4479.
• Hayes Chapel Christian Church will host an Easter egg hunt from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday, April 19, at 315 E. Garner Road, Garner.
Plymouth Church will hold a barbecue sale from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, April 25, at 6104 Service Station Road, Raleigh. Barbecue chicken plates are $8 per plate, dine-in or takeout.
Bingo and Bazaar
The women of Elizabeth Church will hold a Bingo and Bazaar event Saturday, May 3. The church is now accepting table reservations for $25. Email email@example.com or call 919-300-1552. All spots are outdoors, and tables must be brought by the vendors. All participants are asked to donate one item of $10 value or more to be used as a bingo prize. Rain date will be Saturday, May 10.
An American Red Cross blood drive will be held from 3 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, May 22, at St. Mary’s Church, 1008 Vandora Springs Road, Garner. Call 919-772-6738 for appointments or walk-in.
• Shiloh Baptist Church hosts GriefShare and DivorceCare support groups from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Wednesdays at 3414 N. Shiloh Road, Garner. There is no cost, and participants may enter at any session. Child care is available upon request. For more information, visitwww.shilohgarner.org
or call 919-553-3319.
• Mount Zion United Methodist Church, 15772 N.C. 50, Garner, will host a cancer support group from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. the third Monday of each month. The meetings take place in the Share & Care Classroom on the ground floor of the church. For more information, call 919-550-9092.
• The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints hosts a New Testament Bible study at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at 1433 Aversboro Road, Garner. The group is ongoing. For more information, visitmormonbiblestudy.wordpress.com
• Men’s Bible study of Johnston County continues a verse-by-verse study of the Gospel of St. Matthew 7-8:30 p.m. Mondays at First Baptist Church, 202 S. Fourth St., Smithfield. This study group runs through May. Visitwww.mbsjohnstoncounty.com