Dems sponsor informational meeting
All Garner area residents are invited to an informational meeting on the 540 Expressway Project and election law changes. It will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 17, at the Popular Springs Baptist Church, 6115 Old Stage Road, Garner. There will be an opportunity for Q and A. It is sponsored by the Garner Area Democratic Precincts.
Garner Women’s Club
▪ The Holiday Craft and Vendor Fair will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 21, at 1411 Aversboro Road, Garner, at Aversboro Square. Call 919-607-1333 for more information about participating or renting a space or go to garnerwomansclub.org.
▪ The 23rd annual Christmas Tour of Homes will be held from 12:30 to 5:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 6. A reception will be held at Anfesa's Marquise Ballroom located at 225 New Fidelity Court, Garner, beginning at 3:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 each or $25 for two. All proceeds support the club’s scholarship fund. Tickets are available from any club member, the Garner Chamber of Commerce, or you can contact Kathy Behringer, 919-219-8483 or go to garnerwomansclub.org.
Classic Car Club meets
Memory Lane Classic Car Club meets for dinner at 6 p.m. followed by the meeting at 7 p.m. the third Monday of the month at Golden Corral, 60 Son-Lan Parkway, Garner. For more information, call 919-553-6229.
Garner Civitan Club
The Garner Civitan Club meets for dinner at 6:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Monday of the month, at 1005 Poole Drive, Garner. The progam is from 7 to 8 p.m. The club serves children with developmental disabilities and others in need.
Garner Lions Club
The Garner Lions Club meets for dinner at 6:45 p.m. on the first and third Monday of each month at 305 W. Main St., Garner. The club welcomes guests. Dinner is $10. To RSVP, email email@example.com. The Garner Lions Club serves blind and visually impaired people, and other people in need, in the Garner community.
Johnston County Beekeepers Association
The Johnston County Beekeepers Association meets at 7 p.m. on the third Monday of the month at the Johnston County Agricultural Center, 2736 N.C. 210, Smithfield. For more information, visit jocobee.org.
Aversboro Run Club
Aversboro Run Club meets at 6 p.m. every Thursday outside Aversboro Restaurant & Sports Bar, 1411 Aversboro Road, Garner. The club is open to every runner and walker, and runs set routes of 3, 4 and 5 miles covering many paces. The restaurant offers food and drink specials to all walkers and runners upon their return.
Garner Women’s Club
The Garner Woman's Club meets at 6:30 p.m. the second Thursday of the month, at the clubhouse on U.S. Highway West in Garner, except for June, July, August and December, when there are no meetings. The GWC is a community service club. Contact: garnerwomansclub.org.
▪ The Cleveland Rotary Club meets at 7 a.m. every Tuesday at The Cleveland Draft House in Cleveland.
▪ The Garner Mid-Day Rotary Club meets for lunch from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. every Tuesday at Logan’s Roadhouse, 1000 Timber Drive East, Garner.
▪ The Rotary Club of Garner meets at 7 a.m. every Wednesday at the Lord of Life Lutheran Church located at 2100 Buffaloe Road, Garner.
Send club announcements to Johnny Whitfield at firstname.lastname@example.org