A 32-year-old man was being held on $1.5 million bail Monday on charges of kidnapping and first-degree rape involving a girl under 13 years old last week.
An arrest warrant obtained by state Alcohol Law Enforcement agents early Saturday charged Victor Yanez Arroyo and said the incident happened between Nov. 10 and 14. He was taken into custody late Friday, records showed.
Arroyo faces one count of each charge.
The arrest warrant does not divulge details of where authorities believe the incident happened.
Records show Arroyo lives at and was arrested at 3128 Greenbranch Lane, though county and postal service records do not show and address number that high on that street.
The ALE agent who charged Arroyo, L.D. Houpe, works with the Raleigh-Durham Safe Streets Task Force, a spokeswoman for the state Department of Public Safety said.
The task force is one of about 160 such groups that combine FBI agents and state and local law enforcement around the U.S.
Arroyo also was charged with probation violation because the state had listed him as an absconder from probation that came with a suspended sentence for misdemeanor assault on a female in 2007.
In addition to the state charges, federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials asked Wake County jailers to hold Arroyo for at least 48 hours because records showed he had been deported from the U.S. and returned illegally.
Arroyo was scheduled for a court appearance Monday.