New Year’s Day closings
12/30/2013 12:00 AM
12/29/2013 10:06 AM
New Year’s Day closings• City of Raleigh and Wake County offices will be closed Wednesday, Jan. 1. For the complete holiday closing schedule of other facilities, such as parks and libraries, go to www.wakegov.com/calendar.
• Federal offices, banks, ABC stores and the State Employees Credit Union will be closed Wednesday, Jan. 1.
• The Raleigh Solid Waste Services Department will keep its normal schedule Tuesday for collection of garbage, recycling and yard waste. Trash, recycling and yard waste scheduled for collection on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will be pushed back one day; Wednesday pickups will be serviced Thursday, Thursday will be picked up Friday, and Friday will be picked up Saturday.
• Regular trash collection service will be provided to the Raleigh Central Business District on Jan. 1.
• The Raleigh Yard Waste Center will be closed Wednesday, Jan. 1.
• Capital Area Transit buses and Triangle Transit Authority express bus routes operated by CAT will not run on Wednesday, Jan. 1.
• Museums in Raleigh will be closed Wednesday, Jan. 1, except for the North Carolina Museum of Art, which will be open for the Porsche By Design exhibit in the East building from 10 a.m.-5 p.m., and the Marbles Kids Museum, which will be open from noon to 5 p.m.
• Post offices will close at noon Tuesday, Dec. 31, and remain closed on Jan. 1 with the exception of the post office at Westgate Station, 1 Floretta Place, Raleigh. It will observe regular hours on Dec. 31, 9 a..m-5 p.m., and then be closed Jan. 1.
• Wake Forest Town Hall and administrative offices will be closed Wednesday.
• The Wake Forest-Raleigh Express and the Wake Forest Loop will not operate Wednesday.
• Wake Forest garbage and recycling collection scheduled for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will shift to one day later. Yard waste will not be collected Wednesday.• Wake Forest will begin Christmas tree recycling pickup Friday and will suspend loose leaf collection through Jan. 3.
• Wake County schools on the traditional and multi-track calendars will be closed through Wednesday, Jan. 1.
• Schools on the modified calendar are closed through Jan. 3.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
News & Observer is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.