• The Raleigh Arthritis/Fibromyalgia/CFIDS Support Group will meet at 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 10, at Heritage Senior Living, 1200 Carlos Drive, Raleigh. Bobbie Barbrey will speak on “Calming Holiday Inflammation.”
• The Raleigh Diabetes Support Group will meet from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 15, at Milner Church, 1950 New Bern Ave., Raleigh. Rosamond O’Hara will speak. Topics include “Carbohydrate Counting – A to Z” and “Steps to the Best Blood Sugar Control Possible.” To register, call 919-604-3519.
Triangle Singles Club
Triangle Singles Club is an alcohol-free singles social club for residents ages 50 and older. The group meets at Northbrook Country Club, 4905 North Hills Drive, Raleigh. Dances cost $5 for members and $8 for non-members and include snacks and soft drinks. The weekly dances feature a variety of music including line, shag, two-step, waltz, cha-cha, swing and mixer. For details, go to Meetup.com/Triangle-Singles-Club.
• Friday, Nov. 7: Two-step with DJ Herb Estes, taught by Ken Lewis.
• Saturday, Nov. 15: Tulsa shuffle with DJ Dale Tharrington, taught by Ken Lewis.
• Friday, Nov. 21: Cha-cha with DJ J.R. Holloway, taught by Ken Lewis.
• Saturday, Nov. 29: East Coast Swing with DJ Dale Tharrington, taught by Ken Lewis.
Civil War Roundtable
The Raleigh Civil War Roundtable meets for a lecture program at 7 p.m. the second Monday of each month in the Daniels Auditorium at the N.C. Museum of History, 5 E. Edenton St., Raleigh. Admission is free; new members are welcome. The Nov. 10 session will feature a presentation about Sherman’s March by historian Noah Trudeau, author of “Southern Storm: Sherman’s March to the Sea.” For details, go to RaleighCWRT.org.
TOPS Morning Club
Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS) Morning Club hosts 9:30 a.m. weigh-ins and 10:30 a.m. meetings Mondays at Hope Lutheran Church, 3525 Rogers Road, Wake Forest. One-year membership to the nonprofit weight loss support program costs $28. For details, go to tops.org.
The Hi Rise Toastmasters meet from noon to 1 p.m. every Wednesday at the Downtown Express Library, 336 Fayetteville St., Raleigh. For details, email BeachPeggy12@yahoo.com or call 919-807-4866.
Specialized Recreation Services of the city of Raleigh offers three social clubs for individuals with developmental disabilities. The clubs encourage the development of appropriate leisure and social skills. For details, call at 919-996-2147.
• Adventure Club: Members, ages 15-24, work on money-handling skills and appropriate community behavior.
• Wildcats Club: Members, ages 25-34, work on money management, community skills and activity planning.
• Dragons Club: Members, ages 35 and older, continue developing appropriate social and community skills while focusing on independent-living skills.
The Raleigh Newcomers Alumni Club is seeking new members. The club has weekly or monthly meetings of its book club, game and card groups, plus luncheon and speaker programs, bridge, mahjong, hand & foot, recipe group and stick & chat. For details, email email@example.com.
Vanderbilt Bridge Club
Vanderbilt Bridge Club offers competitive bridge games Monday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings at the Quail Hollow Swim Club, 800 Orleans Place, Raleigh. Beginner bridge classes are also offered. For details, call 919-847-8963.
Capitol Bridge Club
The Capitol Bridge Club meets for competitive bridge from 10 a.m. to noon Tuesdays and Fridays at Jaycee Community Center, 2405 Wade Ave., Raleigh. For details, call 919-996-6833.
Seniors dance club
Pullen Park invites seniors 50 and older to its dance club, which meets from 7 to 9:30 p.m. Wednesdays at the Pullen Community Center, 408 Ashe Ave., Raleigh. The club dances to live ballroom music, including foxtrot, waltz, swing and Latin tunes. The cost is $8 per person per week. For details, call 919-831-6052.
Newcomers Club of Raleigh invites members and prospective members to the Welcome Coffees held the first Friday of the month from 10 a.m. to noon at the JJ Crowder Masonic Lodge, 9920 Falls of Neuse Road, Raleigh. For details, go to www.newcomersclubraleigh.org.