Most federal and municipal offices will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday. Wake County offices and libraries will be closed, and trash and recycling will be collected on modified schedules in some areas.
• County offices will be closed Thursday and Friday.
Never miss a local story.
• Libraries will be closed Thursday and Friday.
• County parks will be closed Thursday and will reopen Friday.
• The Wake County Animal Center will be closed Thursday and Friday.
• Solid Waste Convenience Centers, Multi-Material/Household Hazardous Convenience Centers, the South Wake Landfill and the East Wake Transfer Station will be closed Thursday and will reopen Friday.
• Most of Raleigh’s administrative offices will be closed Thursday and Friday. For details, go toRaleighNC.gov
• The Yard Waste Center will be closed Thursday and will reopen Friday and Saturday. Trash, recycling and yard waste scheduled for pickup Thursday will be picked up Saturday instead. Collections for the rest of the week will be on the normal schedule.
• Capital Area Transit will not operate Thursday and will resume Friday and Saturday on a restricted schedule. Only regional routes 100, 303, 400, 700 and 800 will operate Nov. 28 using the Saturday schedule.
• Town offices will be closed Thursday and Friday and will reopen Monday, Dec. 1. For details, go toWakeForestNC.gov
• Wake Forest bus service, including the Wake Forest-Raleigh Express and the Wake Forest Loop, will not operate Thursday. Only the Wake Forest Loop will operate Friday. Both routes will resume their normal schedules Monday, Dec. 1.
• Garbage and recycling scheduled for Thursday and Friday pickup will be pushed back one day; Thursday routes will be picked up Friday, and Friday routes will be picked up Saturday.
• All yard waste will be collected Monday through Wednesday. Yard waste will not be picked up Thursday and Friday. Residents with yard waste should leave it at the curb by 7 a.m. Monday for pickup by Wednesday. Track the progress of leaf collection crews by calling the Leaf Collection Hotline at 919-435-9582.
• Bulk pickups are scheduled for Tuesday. To schedule a pickup, call 919-435-9570 by 2 p.m. Monday.