Wake County Republican Women’s Club
The Wake County Republican Women’s Club will meet at 11:30 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 18, at the N.C. State University Club, 4200 Hillsborough St., Raleigh. U.S. Rep. Renee Ellmers of North Carolina’s 2nd District will speak. Lunch costs $19 at the door. For details, go to WakeRepublicanWomen.org.
Triangle Singles Dance Club
The Triangle Singles Dance Club will host dance lessons from 8 to 11 p.m. throughout December at Northbrook Country Club, 4905 North Hills Drive, Raleigh. Dances are $5 for members and $8 for non-members. For details and to sign up, go to Meetup.com/Triangle-Singles-Club.
• Friday, Dec. 19: Ken Smith will teach Intermediate Two Step.
• Saturday, Dec. 27: Dale Tharrington will teach Waltz Line Dance.
• Wednesday, Dec. 31: A semi-formal dance will be at the Heather Hills Club, 910 Claymore Drive, Garner. Admission is $10 for members, $15 for guests.
Raleigh Garden Club
The Raleigh Garden Club will celebrate its 90th anniversary in 2015. The club meets on the first Wednesday of each month at the N.C. State University Club, 4200 Hillsborough St., Raleigh. For details, go to Raleigh-Garden-Club.org.
• The next general meeting will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 7. Derek Smith will speak for the N.C. Wildflower Program.
• Feb. 4: Leslie Herndon will talk about art and plants.
• March 4: Charlotte Glen will talk about the N.C. Cooperative Extension Agency.
• Will E. Hooker will talk about permaculture.
The National Alliance on Mental Illness of Wake County is accepting registrations for upcoming Family-to-Family education classes. NAMI Family-to-Family is a free, 12-session education program for family, partners, friends and significant others of adults living with mental illness. The course is designed to help the participants understand and support their loved ones. The classes will be held Saturday mornings in downtown Raleigh starting Jan. 10. For details, go to NAMI-Wake.org.
Wake Forest Lions Club
The Wake Forest Lions Club meets at 7 p.m. the second and fourth Thursday of each month at The Forks Cafeteria, 229 S. Brooks St. For details, call Bob Wallace at 919-671-9913.
• The Rotary Club of Wake Forest meets for fellowship, dinner and presentations from guest speakers at 6:30 p.m. Mondays at The Forks Cafeteria, 339 S. Brooks St. For details, emailWakeForestRotary@gmail.com
• The Rotary Club of Wakefield meets from 11:45 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursdays at TPC Wakefield Plantation Country Club, 2201 Wakefield Plantation Drive, Raleigh. For details, go toWakefieldRotaryNC.com
Wake Forest Optimist Club
The Wake Forest Optimist Club meets at 7 p.m. the first and third Wednesday of each month at The Forks Cafeteria, 339 S. Brooks St. For details, call Dawn Nakash at 919-926-1452.
Wake Forest Kiwanis Club
The Wake Forest Kiwanis Club meets at 7:30 a.m. Thursdays at The Forks Cafeteria, 339 S. Brooks St. For details, email Paul@FocusDesignBuilders.com.
The club meets for Bingo from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Mondays at The Factory, 1839 S. Main St. Participants pay a $20 entry fee and receive a packet of cards and the chance to win cash prizes. For details, go to WakeForestBingo.com.
A chess club for ages 16 and older meets from 6 to 8 p.m. Mondays at the Wake Forest Coffee Company, 156 S. White St., Wake Forest. For details, email TeriAtSchoolAtHome2012@hotmail.com.
Triangle Singles Club
Triangle Singles Club is an alcohol-free singles social club for residents ages 50 and older. The group meets at Northbrook Country Club, 4905 North Hills Drive, Raleigh. Dances cost $5 for members and $8 for non-members and include snacks and soft drinks. The weekly dances feature a variety of music including line, shag, two-step, waltz, cha-cha, swing and mixer. For details, go to Meetup.com/Triangle-Singles-Club.
• Saturday, Nov. 29: East Coast Swing with DJ Dale Tharrington, taught by Ken Lewis.
Civil War Roundtable
The Raleigh Civil War Roundtable meets for a lecture program at 7 p.m. the second Monday of each month in the Daniels Auditorium at the N.C. Museum of History, 5 E. Edenton St., Raleigh. Admission is free; new members are welcome.
TOPS Morning Club
Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS) Morning Club hosts 9:30 a.m. weigh-ins and 10:30 a.m. meetings Mondays at Hope Lutheran Church, 3525 Rogers Road, Wake Forest. One-year membership to the nonprofit weight loss support program costs $28. For details, go to tops.org.
The Hi Rise Toastmasters meet from noon to 1 p.m. every Wednesday at the Downtown Express Library, 336 Fayetteville St., Raleigh. For details, email BeachPeggy12@yahoo.com or call 919-807-4866.
Specialized Recreation Services of the city of Raleigh offers three social clubs for individuals with developmental disabilities. The clubs encourage the development of appropriate leisure and social skills. For details, call at 919-996-2147.
• Adventure Club: Members, ages 15-24, work on money-handling skills and appropriate community behavior.
• Wildcats Club: Members, ages 25-34, work on money management, community skills and activity planning.
• Dragons Club: Members, ages 35 and older, continue developing appropriate social and community skills while focusing on independent-living skills.
Vanderbilt Bridge Club
Vanderbilt Bridge Club offers competitive bridge games Monday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings at the Quail Hollow Swim Club, 800 Orleans Place, Raleigh. Beginner bridge classes are also offered. For details, call 919-847-8963.
Capitol Bridge Club
The Capitol Bridge Club meets for competitive bridge from 10 a.m. to noon Tuesdays and Fridays at Jaycee Community Center, 2405 Wade Ave., Raleigh. For details, call 919-996-6833.
Seniors dance club
Pullen Park invites seniors 50 and older to its dance club, which meets from 7 to 9:30 p.m. Wednesdays at the Pullen Community Center, 408 Ashe Ave., Raleigh. The club dances to live ballroom music, including foxtrot, waltz, swing and Latin tunes. The cost is $8 per person per week. For details, call 919-831-6052.
Newcomers Club of Raleigh invites members and prospective members to Welcome Coffees the first Friday of the month from 10 a.m. to noon at the Harrington Grove Swim and Racquet Club, 12201 Leesville Road, Raleigh. For details, go to NewcomersClubRaleigh.org.