• Capital Area Transit routes will operate on the Sunday schedule Jan. 1.
Never miss a local story.
• ABC stores will be closed Jan. 1.
• County libraries will close at 6 p.m. Dec. 31.
• County offices, libraries, parks, the Animal Center, multi-material/household hazardous centers, the South Wake Landfill and the East Wake Transfer Station will be closed Jan. 1.
• Most city of Raleigh administrative offices will be closed Jan. 1.
• Curbside collection scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 1, will be picked up Saturday, Jan. 3.
• The Yard Waste Center will be closed Jan. 1.
• The town will pick up Christmas trees starting Monday, Dec. 29. The trees will be ground into mulch, which will be available upon request for free. Orders for mulch are being accepted atBPearce@WakeForestNC.gov
• Wake Forest Town Hall and other administrative offices will be closed Thursday, Jan. 1.
• Bus service will not be provided Jan. 1.
• Garbage collection regularly scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 1, will be collected Friday. Friday routes will be picked up Saturday.
• Yard waste will not be collected Thursday, Jan. 1. It will be picked up on Friday.
• Bulk pickups are scheduled for Tuesday, Dec. 30.