Wake County Big Sweep
The fall Wake County Big Sweep is underway and runs through Saturday, Nov. 5. Volunteers are needed to help pick up trash at 12 cleanup events around the county. For more information, go to http://www.wakegov.com/swcd/involve/Pages/bigsweep.aspx.
Moonlight in the Garden
Volunteers are needed for Moonlight in the Garden on Nov. 4, 5, 6, 11 and 12 at the JC Raulston Arboretum at N.C. State University. For more information, email email@example.com or call 919-513-7004.
Never miss a local story.
Shore Grief Center
The Shore Grief Center, which provides peer-based grief support in Wake Forest and Raleigh, is seeking the following:
Transitions LifeCare offers volunteer information sessions at various times throughout the year. Anyone who is interested in becoming a volunteer can attend a one-hour session to learn more. For more information, go to www.transitionslifecare.org/volunteer.
North Raleigh Ministries
North Raleigh Ministries is looking for volunteers to help at its crisis center and thrift shop/warehouse. Opportunities are available for everyone, from high school and college students to retirees. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-844-6676 ext. 4.
Activate Good is a volunteer center that connects individuals, groups and companies with hundreds of charities around the Triangle. The following projects need volunteers. For information and to view other volunteer opportunities, go to www.activategood.org.
▪ Activate Good needs volunteers for its annual Couture for a Cause fashion show fundraiser Saturday, Nov. 5: https://activategood.org/coutureforacause/volunteer/
▪ Volunteer Oct.16 at the Five Points Fall Festival and Food Truck Rodeo: http://activategood.org/opportunity/2918
▪ Wags 4 Tags is in need of a volunteer coordination assistant to enlist new volunteers over the phone: http://activategood.org/opportunity/2917
▪ Ten Thousand Villages of the Shoppes at Kildaire needs volunteers with an interest in fair trade to help out with various tasks around the store on a regular basis: http://activategood.org/opportunity/2870
▪ The Salvation Army of Wake County needs a volunteer to help out with some administrative computer tasks to prepare for the holiday season: http://activategood.org/opportunity/2914
▪ SOAR Outreach is seeking a volunteer assistant director with prior nonprofit experience: http://activategood.org/opportunity/2913
▪ The National Parkinson Foundation is in need of volunteers for a myriad of tasks during “Moving Day NC Triangle” at Koka Booth Amphitheatre on Saturday, Oct. 29: http://activategood.org/opportunity/2910
▪ Volunteers are needed at the Catfish Classic Golf Tournament that benefits the ALS Association on Nov. 7: http://activategood.org/opportunity/2885
Help refugees and immigrants
A variety of opportunities in Raleigh are available to help immigrants and refugees get a fresh start. To learn more, visit the U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants’ website, refugees.org, email email@example.com or call 919-334-0072 ext. 4004.
North Raleigh Ministries
North Raleigh Ministries is looking for volunteers to work four-hour shifts at the Thrift Shoppe and in the shop’s processing area. The group is also looking for a volunteer to drive the organization’s truck one day per month. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-844-6676 ext. 4.
The Volunteer Center
The following projects need volunteers. For more information, visit www.handsontriangle.org, email Lenore@thevolunteercenter.org, or call 919-613-4515.
▪ Help middle school students with hands-on learning projects as a citizen teacher with Citizen Schools in Wake Forest. For more information, email email@example.com.
▪ Assist lead instructors with golf instruction and mentoring at The First Tee of the Triangle. Volunteers commit to two to three hours per week for a minimum of 10 weeks at various locations throughout the Triangle.
▪ Curamericas Global needs large, slightly used suitcases, infant clothing and latex gloves. For details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lutheran Services Carolinas Refugee Resettlement
Lutheran Services Carolinas Refugee Resettlement is looking for volunteers to help refugees adjust to their new lives in the Raleigh community. For details, contact Robert Evans at 501-940-3939 or email@example.com.
SAFE Haven for Cats
SAFE Haven for Cats needs volunteers to help care for cats at its facility at 8431-137 Garvey Drive, Raleigh. Shifts are from 10 a.m. to noon Monday through Friday and from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday and Sunday. Email volunteer@SafeHavenForCats.org, or visit SafeHavenForCats.org for more information.
Foster homes for cats
Snowflake Animal Rescue, a nonprofit group, is seeking foster homes for cats in need. For more information, go to www.snowflakerescue.org or call 919-990-2478.
Second Chance pet rescue
Second Chance Pet Adoptions seeks volunteers to assist at its no-kill shelter. Clean cat rooms, wash dogs and offer foster care. For more information, visit www.secondchancenc.org or call 919-851-8404.
Hospice volunteers needed
Liberty Home Care & Hospice needs volunteers to help care for its residents. Liberty serves Raleigh, Cary, Garner, Knightdale, Apex, Fuquay-Varina, Wendell and Zebulon. For information, go to www.libertyhomecare.com.
Inter-Faith Food Shuttle
The Inter-Faith Food Shuttle seeks volunteers for activities. Get your hands dirty at the teaching farm, deliver food to people in need or lead cooking classes and demonstrations. For information, visit www.foodshuttle.org.
The English as a Second Language program seeks volunteers to help teach English as a second language and with program outreach. Knowledge of another language is not required to participate. For information, contact the program office at 919-996-6844 or email the volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Olympics Wake County seeks volunteers to help during training and competitive events. Volunteers assist as event officials, athlete escorts, coaches, award presenters and more. For more information or to volunteer, visit www.raleighnc.gov or call Recreation Program Manager Brian Philpot at 919-996-2111.
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
The Carolinas chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is looking for volunteers to help with fundraising and events. For more information, call 919-845-2155 or visit www.cff.org/Chapters/carolinas.
SPCA of Wake County
The SPCA of Wake County needs volunteers for various activities at adoption centers and events. For more information, visit www.spcawake.org.
The Center for Volunteer Caregiving needs volunteers to drive seniors to appointments, four to eight hours per month. Call 919-460-0567 or visit www.volunteercaregiving.org to volunteer.
Send Volunteer Notes to email@example.com.