Thales Academy Tour
Thales Academy will host a tour for prospective K-5 students and their families at 8 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 3, at 8151 Town Drive, Raleigh. For more information, go to www.ThalesAcademy.org.
Holly Days at Sanderson
The 16th annual Holly Days at Sanderson will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 5, and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 6, at Sanderson High School, 5500 Dixon Drive, Raleigh. Vendors will sell jewelry, crafts and more, and there will be a silent auction. Admission is $2, and proceeds will benefit the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina. Childcare will be available from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 5.
Never miss a local story.
Enloe Charity Ball
The student council at Enloe High School will host its annual charity ball on Saturday, Dec. 12, at Marbles Kids Museum, 201 E. Hargett St., Raleigh. This year’s event will honor Learning Together, an inclusive pre-K program for children of all abilities. The goal is to raise $100,000. The student council is seeking sponsors for the event. For details, email EnloeCharityBall2015@gmail.com.
The Wake County Public School System offers lifelong learning adult education classes at local high schools. For details, go to wcpss.net/adult-edu.
Athens Drive High School
▪ Beginner Latin Dance: 7 to 8:30 p.m. Mondays through Dec. 7; $105
▪ Beginner Rhythm Ballroom I and II: 6:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays through Dec. 15
▪ Wire Wrapping Individual and Multiple Beads Workshop: 6:30 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 2; $63
▪ Caged Beads Bracelet Workshop: 6:30 to 9 p.m. Monday, Dec. 7; $63
▪ Facets of Facebook: 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 14; $40
Millbrook High School
▪ Medical Billing I and II: 6:30 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through Dec. 17; $230
▪ Word for Windows Intro: 7 to 9:30 p.m. Mondays through Dec. 7; $85
▪ Internet Resources for Teachers: 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. through Dec. 10; $130
▪ Digital Photos and Your Computer: 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Dec. 2-16; $85
▪ Small Canvas Knife Painting: 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Dec. 8-15; $49
Send School Notes to email@example.com.