Smithfield Police• Thomas Gene Edwards Jr., 48, of 5615 William R. King Road, Newton Grove, was charged Sept. 21 with communicating threats.
• Police are investigating the theft of a 2000 Cadillac Seville from a business on Peedin Road. The car s valued at $11,000.
• Fannta Jeanette Sanchez, 30, of 206 E. Rose St., Smithfield, was charged Sept. 21 with simple assault.
• Tonya Yvette Gibbs, 39, of 3818 U.S. 70, Smithfield, was charged Sept. 23 with second-degree trespassing.
• Eleanor Anita Harris, 60, of 21-A Fieldale Drive, Smithfield, was charged Sept. 25 with assaulting a handicapped person.
• Latonya Goodman, 53, of 205 Shamrock Drive, Clinton, was charged Sept. 25 with issuing a worthless check.
• Richard Derron Stacker, 24, of 113 E. Crestview Drive, Smithfield, was charged Sept. 25 with failure to return rental property.
• Darel Etienne Walker, 49, of 118 Strickland Drive, Smithfield, was charged Sept. 25 with shoplifting.
Sheriff’s Office• Eric Christopher Reevas, 28, of 13122 Cleveland Road was charged Sept. 21 with domestic assault.
• Lyndon Tearrow Ratliff, 24, of 4596 U.S. 301 South, Four Oaks, was charged Sept. 21 with assault on a female.
• Michael Trism Willis, 19, of 775 Lee-Johnson Road, Dunn, was charged Sept. 22 with assault with a deadly weapon and assault on a female.
• Melissa Thornton Tart, 34, of 513 Flowers Road, Four Oaks, was charged Sept. 20 with possessing a stolen firearm and possessing stolen goods.
• Calvin Marion Preston III, 42, of 1211 Ennis Road, Angier, was charged Sept. 22 with domestic assault on a female.
• Jacqueline Strickland Berk, 37, of 1291 Ennis Road, Angier, was charged Sept. 22 with simple assault and resisting an officer.
• The Sheriff’s Office is investigating the Sept. 22 theft of a washing machine, a refrigerator and other items from a home near Princeton.
• A Clayton-area woman on Sept. 22 reported theft of a ring set valued at $4,000.
• Brett Edward Larson, 21, of 118 Hillside Lane, Middlesex, was charged Sept. 24 with simple assault.
• The Sheriff’s Office is investigating the Sept. 24 theft of a pearl necklace, a shotgun, a laptop and two .22-caliber rifles from a home near Clayton. he loss was estimated at nearly $5,900.
• Timothy Claywood Baker, 46, of 158 Strickland’s Crossroads Road, Four Oaks, was charged Sept. 24 with assault on a female, breaking and entering, disorderly conduct and making a harassing phone call.
• Florentino Flores, 27, of 575 Jordan Narron Road, Selma, was charged Sept. 26 with communicating threats and domestic assault on a female.