Apex Newcomers and Friends Club
The Apex Newcomers and Friends Club will meet at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 12, at the C.C. Jones Community Center, 309 Holleman St., Apex. This meeting’s guest speaker, Don Albert, will discuss World War II U-boats by the North Carolina coast. For details, go to www.apexnewcomers.org.
Cary Mayor’s Task Force on Disabilities
The Cary Mayor’s Task Force on Disabilities will meet from noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 12, at the Page-Walker Arts & History Center, 119 Ambassador Loop, Cary. All are welcome.
Cary Photographic Artists
The Cary Photographic Artists will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 12, at The Cary, 122 E. Chatham St. Goodloe Sutter will give a presentation on post-processing. Visitors are welcome. For details, go to www.caryphotographicartists.org.
Holly Springs Garden Club
The Holly Springs Garden Club meets from 7-9 p.m. the second Wednesday of the month at Bass Lake Park, 900 Bass Lake Road. The club’s activities include plant exchanges, field trips, speakers and gardening projects. For details, go to www.hollyspringsgardenclubnc.com.
Pilot Club of Cary
The Pilot Club of Cary will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 12, at the Page-Walker Arts & History Center, 119 Ambassador Loop, Cary. The club works to raise awareness of and prevent brain-related disorders. For details, go to carypilotclub.weebly.com.
Cary Woman’s Club
Cary Woman’s Club will meet at 9:30 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 13, at the Herbert C. Young Community Center, 101 Wilkinson Ave., Cary. Ted Boyd, downtown development manager of Cary, will speak. Women from Cary, Apex, Morrisville and surrounding areas are invited. For details, call membership chair Jane Suppa at 919-379-3816.
American Legion Post 67’s annual Bar-B-Q will be from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, Nov. 14, at 8523 Chapel Hill Road, Cary. Each plate costs $9, eat in or take-out, and desserts are available for additional donations. Bar-B-Q will raise money for the group’s programs for veterans and the local community.
Carpenter Ruritan Fish Fry
The Carpenter Ruritan Club’s Fish Fry is 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 15, at Good Hope Baptist Church, 6628 Good Hope Church Road, Cary. Plates of fried flounder or barbecue chicken, cole slaw, potato salad, hush puppies and dessert cost a recommended donation of $9. Take-away is available.
Sisters of Hope
Sisters of Hope, a breast cancer support group for women in all stages of recovery, meets for a Dutch Treat Dinner at 6:30 p.m. the second Monday of each month in the private dining room at Golden Corral, 1420 E. Broad St., Fuquay-Varina.
• The Cary Toastmasters meet from 8-9 a.m. every Monday in room 200-C at the Western Wake Campus of Wake Technical Community College, 3434 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. Details:carytoastmasters.toastmastersclubs.org
• Carylina Toastmasters meet to practice speaking and leadership skills from 7-8 p.m. Mondays at Carylina House, 111 McArthur Drive, Cary. Details:www.carylinatoastmasters.org
• Apex Toastmasters meet from 7-8 p.m. Tuesdays at the Spring Arbor Assisted Living Center, 901 Spring Arbor Court, Apex. Details:www.apextoastmasters.org
or call 919-303-5852.
• The Perimeter Park Toastmasters meet every other Wednesday from noon to 1 p.m. at the United Way office at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 150, Morrisville. Details:www.perimeterpark.toastmastersclubs.org
• The Heart of Cary Toastmasters, which focuses on public speaking, meet from 7-8 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month in the second-floor meeting room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Visitors are welcome.
• The Techtalk Toastmasters Club meets from 5:30-6:45 p.m. Thursdays at NetApp Building Two, 7301 Kit Creek Road in Research Triangle Park. The club helps members sharpen communication and leadership skills. Details:techtalk.toastmastersclubs.org
Mothers of Preschoolers
MOPS meets at 9:15 a.m. Mondays at Salem Baptist Church, 1821 N. Salem St., Apex. Register at salem-bc.org/mops. Details: 919-362-7327.
TOPS of Apex
The Take Off Pounds Sensibly group of Apex meets at 7 p.m. Mondays at New Horizons Fellowship, 820 E. Williams St., Apex. Call 919-345-7733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overeaters Anonymous, a 12-step program for people with eating disorders or food/eating issues, meets from 7:30-8:30 p.m. Mondays at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 600 Walnut St., Cary. For details, go to www.triangleoa.org.
The Yates Mill chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution meets at 6:45 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 221 Union St., Cary. All women interested in joining are invited to attend.
Cary Community Lions Club
The Cary Community Lions Club meets at noon on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at IHOP, 1301 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. For details, contact President Rob Moncure at email@example.com.
Holly Springs Masonic Lodge
The Holly Springs Masonic Lodge No. 115 meets at 6:30 p.m. every second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 224 Raleigh St., Holly Springs. A meal is served on the second Tuesday of the month following the meeting. For details, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.hs115.org.
Grandparents support group
Grandparents of kids on the autism spectrum will meet to share information and experiences from 6:30-8 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month at the Autism Society of N.C., 505 Oberlin Road, suite 230, Raleigh. For more information, email email@example.com.
Cary American Legion and Auxiliary
The Cary American Legion and Auxiliary meets for socializing at 6 p.m., dinner at 6:30 p.m. and the meeting at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at 8523 Chapel Hill Road, Cary. Dinner costs $6.
Pilot Club of Cary
The Pilot Club of Cary meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at the Page-Walker Arts & History Center, 119 Ambassador Loop, Cary. The group promotes awareness and prevention of brain-related disorders. For details, go to carypilotclub.weebly.com.
Ruritan Civic Club
The Ruritan Civic Club meets the second Tuesday of each month with dinner at 7:30 p.m. and a business meeting at 8 p.m. at Good Hope Baptist Church, 6628 Good Hope Church Road, Cary. For details, contact Chris at 336-213-9627 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Apex Sunrise Rotary Club meets at 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays at Perkins Family Restaurant, 908 U.S. 64 West. Details:www.apexsunriserotaryclub.org
• The Morrisville Rotary Club meets at noon Tuesdays at Prestonwood Country Club. New members are welcome. Details:www.morrisville.rotary-clubs.org
• The Cary Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays at MacGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane. Visitors are welcome. Details:www.thecaryrotaryclub.org
• The Downtown Fuquay-Varina Rotary Club meets at 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at 405 Broad St., Fuquay-Varina. New members and visitors are welcome. For details, go towww.F-VdowntownRotaryclub.org
• The Apex Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 1201 Haddon Hall Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-1040.
• Cary Kildaire Rotary Club meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays at MacGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane, Cary. New members and visitors are welcome. Details:www.cary-kildairerotaryclub.org
• The Cary Page Rotary Club meets for breakfast at 7 a.m. Fridays at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. Details: 919-522-0104 orwww.carypagerotary.org
Women in Networking
The Cary chapter of Women in Networking meets from 8:30-9:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Mimi’s Café, 115 Walnut St., Cary. For details, go to win-nc.com.
Cary Greatest Generation Club
The Cary Greatest Generation Club meets from 9:30-10:30 a.m. Tuesdays at the Cary Senior Center. For details, call Page Ott at 919-467-3534.
A group meets to play cribbage at 11 a.m. Tuesdays at the Fuquay-Varina Community Center, 820 S. Main St. For details, call Dale Schleiter at 919-552-5380.
A local chess club will meet from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays or Wednesdays at a coffee house/bakery at the corner of Weston Parkway and Harrison Avenue in Cary. Any level of experience is welcome. For details, contact David at 919-901-2352 or email@example.com.
Crossfit Embark and Brueprint Brewing Company host a run club with 1.5-mile, 3-mile and 5-mile routes at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays. Runs start at Crossfit Embark, 1229 Perry Road, Apex.
Recovery International support group offers self-help for stress, anxiety, depression, anger and fear. The group meets from 7-8:45 p.m. Tuesdays at Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, Lower Peace Hall, 3313 Wade Ave., Raleigh. For more information, call 919-886-7768 or go to www.lowselfhelpsystems.org.
XYZ Seniors Club
The XYZ Seniors Club meets at 10 a.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury Odell Place in Bond Park. For details, call Becky Furno at 919-467-8332.
Apex Travel Club
The Apex Travel Club meets from 7-8 p.m. the second Wednesday of each month in the arts and crafts room at the Apex Community Center, 53 Hunter St. The club is for Apex and surrounding-area residents ages 50 and older.
Holly Springs Community Band
The Holly Springs Community Band is looking for adult woodwind, brass, percussion, keyboard, bass and guitar musicians to practice with the band from 7-8:45 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center. Musicians must be able to read music. Some positions are available for aspiring, talented and mature junior- and senior-level high school musicians. Details: www.hollyspringsband.net.
Apex Kiwanis Club
Apex Kiwanis meets most Wednesdays at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St., Apex. Details: Betty Obremski at 919-859-5810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Hat Society
The Ladies over 50 Red Hat Chapter, “Glitzy Daytime Dollies,” meets the second Thursday of each month. For information, call Lynn at 919-362-3902 or visit www.redhatsociety.com.
Between the Lines Book Club
The Between the Lines Book Club meets at 7 p.m. the second Thursday of the month except July at the West Regional Library in Cary. Details: 919-463-8500.
Swift Creek American Legion
The Swift Creek American Legion Post 530 meets at 7 p.m. the second Thursday of each month at the Swift Creek Community Center, 6221 Yates Mill Pond Road, Raleigh. Socializing begins at 5:45 p.m., and dinner begins at 6:15 p.m. Dinner is $6. All active military personnel, veterans and their spouses are invited to the meetings.
TOPS in Cary
Take Off Pounds Sensibly holds morning meetings at 9 a.m. Thursdays at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, 110 SE Maynard Road, Cary. Details: email@example.com.
Cary Leads Group
The Cary Leads Group meets for networking with business owners and professionals from 9:45-11 a.m. Thursdays in the second-floor workshop at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Meetings start at 10 a.m. For details, go to caryleadsgroup.net.
VFW Post 7383
• The VFW hosts bingo on Thursdays with $2,500 paid out each week. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary; pack sales begin at 6:15 p.m. The early-bird game starts at 7 p.m. and the main game starts at 8 p.m.
• The VFW accepts unserviceable U.S. flags any afternoon after 1 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary. Details:www.caryvfw.org
Keep Fit Club
Keep Fit uses the Power 90 Extreme home-fitness program to support members through their weight-loss journeys. The club meets from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursdays at the Connections Event Center, 1280 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Details: 919-324-6828.
Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club
The Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club meets from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Thursdays in the fellowship hall at Cary United Methodist Church, 117 S. Academy St. Visitors are welcome. Details: www.carycrosstrailers.org.
Tall Club of N.C.
The Tall Club of N.C. meets at 6:30 p.m. the second Friday of each month at Brickhouse Sports Pub, 3801 Hillsborough St., Raleigh. To join the club, women must be 5 feet 10 inches, and men must be 6 feet 2 inches. Details: www.tallclubofnc.org.
Quarter Note Music hosts an open-mic event from 6-9 p.m. Fridays at 1583 Beaver Creek Commons Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-3939.
Warriors 4 Epilepsy Group
The Warriors 4 Epilepsy Group meets from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every second and third Saturday of the month at the gathering space by the café at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Morrisville Community Garden
The Morrisville Community Garden is planning, planting and seeking members to join the garden. Anyone interested can visit the garden from 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays at 219 Church St. Details: email@example.com or www.morrisvillegarden.org.
Cary Multiple Sclerosis
People with MS lead monthly meetings of the Cary Multiple Sclerosis self-help group. Details: Call Mary Ann at 919-779-2101.
The Moms Offering Moms Support of Fuquay-Varina/Holly Springs invites all at-home moms of Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Willow Spring to join the chapter. The club provides support for at-home mothers and takes part in community service projects. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.