Democratic Women of Wake County
The Democratic Women of Wake County meeting will start with a buffet at 11:30 a.m. and the program at noon Tuesday, April 22, at the N.C. State University Club, 4200 Hillsborough St., Raleigh. Candidates in the May 6 election for Wake County District Attorney, Clerk of Court and N.C. House District 49 have been invited. The group will also host a “kitchen shower” to raise donations of kitchen items for the Green Chair Project to provide household furnishings to families. The program is free, and the meal costs $20. For reservations, contact Cindy Sizkez at 919-319-8375 or email@example.com by Thursday, April 17.
Lupus support group
The North Carolina Chapter of the Lupus Foundation of America will host a support group meeting for people with lupus, family members and caregivers from 6:30-8 p.m. Thursday, April 24, in the Waters Edge Office Park Conference Room, 4917 Waters Edge Drive, suite 250, Raleigh. Call 877-849-8271, ext. 2, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, www.lupusnc.org.
Never miss a local story.
Arbor Day Tree Dedication
The Fuquay-Varina Garden Club will dedicate a tree on Arbor Day to Frances Ashworth Senter at 2 p.m. Friday, April 25, at Fuquay-Varina Museums, 131 S. Fuquay Ave., Fuquay-Varina.
Western Wake Democrats
The Western Wake Democrats will meet from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Sunday, April 27, at the Cary High School auditorium, 638 Walnut St., Cary. Democratic candidates from the three congressional districts that serve Wake County have been invited. Doors open at 3 p.m.
Tarheel Detachment of the Marine Corps League
The Tarheel Detachment of the Marine Corps League meets for dinner and social time at 6 p.m. and a business meeting at 7 p.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 600 Walnut St., Cary. For details, go to www.tarheelmcl.org.
Peak City Exchange Club
The Peak City Exchange Club of Apex meets at 6:30 p.m. the first and third Monday of each month at The Loft at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St., Apex. The club supports child abuse prevention projects, community service, youth and Americanism projects. For information, email email@example.com or go to www.nationalexchangeclub.org.
Cary Lions Club
The Cary Lions Club meets the first and third Monday of each month at D&S Cafeteria, 1177 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Contact Jim Irvin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-467-2719.
Loose Threads Teen ASG Sewing Group
The Loose Threads sewing group for teens meets from 7-9 p.m. the first and third Monday of each month in room 312 at St. Francis United Methodist Church, 2965 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. For information, call 919-362-8722.
Cub Scout Pack 316
Cub Scout Pack 316 meets from 7-8:30 p.m. every third Monday of the month at St. Andrews Church, 3008 Old Raleigh Road, Apex. For details, call Matt Burke, assistant cub master, at 919-641-0140, or go to www.pack316.com.
• The Cary Toastmasters meet from 8-9 a.m. every Monday in room 200-C at the Western Wake Campus of Wake Technical Community College, 3434 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. Details:carytoastmasters.toastmastersclubs.org
• Carylina Toastmasters meet to practice speaking and leadership skills from 7-8 p.m. Mondays at Carylina House, 111 McArthur Drive, Cary. Details:www.carylinatoastmasters.org
• Apex Toastmasters meet from 7-8 p.m. Tuesdays at the Spring Arbor Assisted Living Center, 901 Spring Arbor Court, Apex. Details:www.apextoastmasters.org
or call 919-303-5852.
• The Perimeter Park Toastmasters meet every other Wednesday from noon to 1 p.m. at the United Way office at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 150, Morrisville. Details:www.perimeterpark.toastmastersclubs.org
• The Heart of Cary Toastmasters, which focuses on public speaking, meets from 7-8 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month in the second-floor meeting room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Visitors are welcome.
• The Techtalk Toastmasters Club meets from 5:30-6:45 p.m. Thursdays at NetApp Building Two, 7301 Kit Creek Road in Research Triangle Park. The club helps members sharpen communication and leadership skills. Details:techtalk.toastmastersclubs.org
Mothers of Preschoolers
MOPS meets at 9:15 a.m. Mondays at Salem Baptist Church, 1821 N. Salem St., Apex. Register at salem-bc.org/mops. Details: 919-362-7327.
Recovery International support group offers self-help for stress, anxiety, depression, anger and fear. The group meets from 7-8:30 p.m. Mondays at Crosspointe Church, 6911 Carpenter Fire Station Road, Cary. For more information, call 919-886-7768 or go to www.lowselfhelpsystems.org.
TOPS of Apex
The Take Off Pounds Sensibly group of Apex meets at 7 p.m. Mondays at New Horizons Fellowship, 820 E. Williams St., Apex. Call 919-345-7733 or email email@example.com.
Overeaters Anonymous, a 12-step program for people with eating disorders or food/eating issues, meets from 7:30-8:30 p.m. Mondays at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 600 Walnut St., Cary. For details, go to www.triangleoa.org.
Cary Community Lions Club
The Cary Community Lions Club meets at noon on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at IHOP, 1301 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. For details, contact President Rob Moncure at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holly Springs Masonic Lodge
The Holly Springs Masonic Lodge No. 115 meets at 6:30 p.m. every second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 224 Raleigh St., Holly Springs. A meal is served on the second Tuesday of the month following the meeting. For details, email email@example.com or go to www.hs115.org.
• The Apex Sunrise Rotary Club meets at 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays at Perkins Family Restaurant, 908 U.S. 64 West. Details:www.apexsunriserotaryclub.org
• The Morrisville Rotary Club meets at noon Tuesdays at Prestonwood Country Club. New members are welcome. Details:www.morrisville.rotary-clubs.org
• The Cary Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays at McGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane. Visitors are welcome. Details:www.thecaryrotaryclub.org
• The Apex Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 1201 Haddon Hall Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-1040.
• Cary Kildaire Rotary Club meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays at McGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane, Cary. New members and visitors are welcome. Details:www.cary-kildairerotaryclub.org
• The Cary Page Rotary Club meets for breakfast at 7 a.m. Fridays at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. Details: 919-522-0104 orwww.carypagerotary.org
Women in Networking
The Cary chapter of Women in Networking meets from 8:30-9:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Mimi’s Café, 115 Walnut St., Cary. For details, go to win-nc.com.
Cary Greatest Generation Club
The Cary Greatest Generation Club meets from 9:30-10:30 a.m. Tuesdays at the Cary Senior Center. For details, call Page Ott at 919-467-3534.
A group meets to play cribbage at 11 a.m. Tuesdays at the Fuquay-Varina Community Center, 820 S. Main St. For details, call Dale Schleiter at 919-552-5380.
Alzheimer’s support group
An Alzheimer’s family support group will meet on the fourth Wednesday of each month 6:30-7:30 p.m. at 901 Spring Arbor Court, Apex.
Holly Springs Community Band
The Holly Springs Community Band is looking for adult woodwind, brass, percussion, keyboard, bass and guitar musicians to practice with the band from 7-8:45 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center. Musicians must be able to read music. Some positions are available for aspiring, talented and mature junior- and senior-level high school musicians. Details: www.hollyspringsband.net.
Apex Kiwanis Club
Apex Kiwanis meets most Wednesdays at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St., Apex. Details: Betty Obremski at 919-859-5810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TOPS in Cary
Take Off Pounds Sensibly holds morning meetings at 9 a.m. Thursdays at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, 110 SE Maynard Road, Cary. Details: email@example.com.
Cary Leads Group
The Cary Leads Group meets for networking with business owners and professionals from 9:45-11 a.m. Thursdays in the second-floor workshop at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Meetings start at 10 a.m. For details, go to caryleadsgroup.net.
VFW Post 7383
• The VFW hosts bingo on Thursdays with $2,500 paid out each week. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary; pack sales begin at 6:15 p.m. The early-bird game starts at 7 p.m. and the main game starts at 8 p.m.
• The VFW accepts unserviceable U.S. flags any afternoon after 1 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary. Details:www.caryvfw.org
Kiwanis Club of Cary
The Kiwanis Club of Cary meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays at Perkins Restaurant & Bakery, 908 U.S. 64, Apex. For details, call 919-363-8209 or visit www.kiwanisofcary.org.
Keep Fit Club
Keep Fit uses the Power 90 Extreme home-fitness program to support members through their weight-loss journeys. The club meets from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursdays at the Connections Event Center, 1280 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Details: 919-324-6828.
Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club
The Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club meets from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Thursdays in the fellowship hall at Cary United Methodist Church, 117 S. Academy St. Visitors are welcome. Details: www.carycrosstrailers.org.
Quarter Note Music hosts an open-mic event from 6-9 p.m. Fridays at 1583 Beaver Creek Commons Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-3939.
Morrisville Community Garden
The Morrisville Community Garden is planning, planting and seeking members to join the garden. Anyone interested can visit the garden from 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays at 219 Church St. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.morrisvillegarden.org.
Cary Multiple Sclerosis
People with MS lead monthly meetings of The Cary Multiple Sclerosis self-help group. Details: call Mary Ann at 919-779-2101.
The Moms Offering Moms Support of Fuquay-Varina/Holly Springs invites all at-home moms of Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Willow Spring to join the chapter. The club provides support for at-home mothers and takes part in community service projects. Details: email@example.com.