Apex Peak Republican Club
The Apex Peak Republican Club gathers for social time at 6 p.m. and the meeting at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month in The Loft at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St., Apex. Wake County Board of Commissioners member Rich Gianni will speak at the Tuesday, May 13, meeting. For details, email email@example.com.
Apex Newcomers and Friends Club
The Apex Newcomers and Friends Club’s last meeting of the year will be a members-only picnic at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, May 14, in the picnic shelter at Apex Community Park, 2200 Laura Duncan Road, Apex. For details, go to www.apexnewcomers.org.
Never miss a local story.
Cary Mayor’s Task Force on Disabilities
The Cary Mayor’s Task Force on Disabilities will meet from noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday, May 14, at the Page-Walker Arts & History Center, 119 Ambassador Loop, Cary. The meeting is open to the public.
Boy Scout Troop 75 will host a pancake breakfast from 8-10 a.m. Saturday, May 17, at Applebee’s, 1480 N. Main St., Fuquay-Varina. The breakfast will raise money for the troop to participate in a High Adventure camp.
Cary Junior Woman’s Club
The Cary Junior Woman’s Club will host a Prospective Member Social from 7-9 p.m. Monday, May 19, at the Renaissance Park Place Clubhouse, 3000 Renaissance Park Place, Cary. To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For details, go to on.fb.me/RopWoL.
Teen Mastermind Group
The Teen Mastermind Group for ages 12-16 from Wake and Harnett counties will meet for brain teasers and mind challenges from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, June 7, at the Ballentine-Spence House, 109 E. Spring St., Fuquay-Varina. To register, go to teenmastermindgroup.wordpress.com.
Cary Parents of Teens Anonymous
Cary Parents of Teens Anonymous provides support, encouragement and information to parents of teens. The group meets on the second and fourth Monday of the month. For details, call 919-704-6895 or go to www.meetup.com/Cary-PTA.
• The Cary Toastmasters meet from 8-9 a.m. every Monday in room 200-C at the Western Wake Campus of Wake Technical Community College, 3434 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. Details:carytoastmasters.toastmastersclubs.org
• Carylina Toastmasters meet to practice speaking and leadership skills from 7-8 p.m. Mondays at Carylina House, 111 McArthur Drive, Cary. Details:www.carylinatoastmasters.org
• Apex Toastmasters meet from 7-8 p.m. Tuesdays at the Spring Arbor Assisted Living Center, 901 Spring Arbor Court, Apex. Details:www.apextoastmasters.org
or call 919-303-5852.
• The Perimeter Park Toastmasters meet every other Wednesday from noon to 1 p.m. at the United Way office at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 150, Morrisville. Details:www.perimeterpark.toastmastersclubs.org
• The Heart of Cary Toastmasters, which focuses on public speaking, meets from 7-8 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month in the second-floor meeting room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Visitors are welcome.
• The Techtalk Toastmasters Club meets from 5:30-6:45 p.m. Thursdays at NetApp Building Two, 7301 Kit Creek Road in Research Triangle Park. The club helps members sharpen communication and leadership skills. Details:techtalk.toastmastersclubs.org
Mothers of Preschoolers
MOPS meets at 9:15 a.m. Mondays at Salem Baptist Church, 1821 N. Salem St., Apex. Register at salem-bc.org/mops. Details: 919-362-7327.
TOPS of Apex
The Take Off Pounds Sensibly group of Apex meets at 7 p.m. Mondays at New Horizons Fellowship, 820 E. Williams St., Apex. Call 919-345-7733 or email email@example.com.
Overeaters Anonymous, a 12-step program for people with eating disorders or food/eating issues, meets from 7:30-8:30 p.m. Mondays at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 600 Walnut St., Cary. For details, go to www.triangleoa.org.
Cary Community Lions Club
The Cary Community Lions Club meets at noon on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at IHOP, 1301 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. For details, contact President Rob Moncure at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holly Springs Masonic Lodge
The Holly Springs Masonic Lodge No. 115 meets at 6:30 p.m. every second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 224 Raleigh St., Holly Springs. A meal is served on the second Tuesday of the month following the meeting. For details, email email@example.com or go to www.hs115.org.
Grandparents support group
Grandparents of kids on the autism spectrum will meet to share information and experiences from 6:30-8 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month at the Autism Society of N.C., 505 Oberlin Road, suite 230, Raleigh. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cary American Legion and Auxiliary
The Cary American Legion and Auxiliary meets for socializing at 6 p.m., dinner at 6:30 p.m. and the meeting at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at 8523 Chapel Hill Road, Cary. Dinner costs $6.
Ruritan Civic Club
The Ruritan Civic Club meets the second Tuesday of each month with dinner at 7:30 p.m. and a business meeting at 8 p.m. at Good Hope Baptist Church, 6628 Good Hope Church Road, Cary. For details, contact Chris at 336-213-9627 or email@example.com.
• The Apex Sunrise Rotary Club meets at 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays at Perkins Family Restaurant, 908 U.S. 64 West. Details:www.apexsunriserotaryclub.org
• The Morrisville Rotary Club meets at noon Tuesdays at Prestonwood Country Club. New members are welcome. Details:www.morrisville.rotary-clubs.org
• The Cary Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays at McGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane. Visitors are welcome. Details:www.thecaryrotaryclub.org
• The Apex Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 1201 Haddon Hall Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-1040.
• Cary Kildaire Rotary Club meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays at McGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane, Cary. New members and visitors are welcome. Details:www.cary-kildairerotaryclub.org
• The Cary Page Rotary Club meets for breakfast at 7 a.m. Fridays at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. Details: 919-522-0104 orwww.carypagerotary.org
Women in Networking
The Cary chapter of Women in Networking meets from 8:30-9:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Mimi’s Café, 115 Walnut St., Cary. For details, go to win-nc.com.
Cary Greatest Generation Club
The Cary Greatest Generation Club meets from 9:30-10:30 a.m. Tuesdays at the Cary Senior Center. For details, call Page Ott at 919-467-3534.
A group meets to play cribbage at 11 a.m. Tuesdays at the Fuquay-Varina Community Center, 820 S. Main St. For details, call Dale Schleiter at 919-552-5380.
A local chess club will meet from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays or Wednesdays at a coffee house/bakery at the corner of Weston Parkway and Harrison Avenue in Cary. Any level of experience is welcome. For details, contact David at 919-901-2352 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recovery International support group offers self-help for stress, anxiety, depression, anger and fear. The group meets from 7-8:45 p.m. Tuesdays at Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, Lower Peace Hall, 3313 Wade Ave., Raleigh. For more information, call 919-886-7768 or go to www.lowselfhelpsystems.org.
XYZ Seniors Club
The XYZ Seniors Club meets at 10 a.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury Odell Place in Bond Park. For details, call Becky Furno at 919-467-8332.
Cary Pilot Club
The Cary Pilot Club meets at 7 p.m. the second Wednesday of each month at the Page-Walker Arts & History Center, 119 Ambassador Loop, Cary. For information, call Nancy Hunter at 919-469-0035 or visit www.carypilotclub.org.
Holly Springs Garden Club
The Holly Springs Garden Club meets the second Wednesday of each month from 7-9 p.m. at Bass Lake Park, 900 Bass Lake Road. Activities include speakers, plant exchanges, field trips and community gardening projects. For details, visit www.hollyspringsgardenclubnc.com.
Apex Travel Club
The Apex Travel Club meets from 7-8 p.m. the second Wednesday of each month in the arts and crafts room at the Apex Community Center, 53 Hunter St. The club is for Apex and surrounding-area residents ages 50 and older.
Holly Springs Community Band
The Holly Springs Community Band is looking for adult woodwind, brass, percussion, keyboard, bass and guitar musicians to practice with the band from 7-8:45 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center. Musicians must be able to read music. Some positions are available for aspiring, talented and mature junior- and senior-level high school musicians. Details: www.hollyspringsband.net.
Apex Kiwanis Club
Apex Kiwanis meets most Wednesdays at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St., Apex. Details: Betty Obremski at 919-859-5810 or email@example.com.
Swift Creek Township Exchange
The Swift Creek Township Exchange club meets at 6:30 p.m. the first and third Thursday of the month at Barry’s Café, 2851 Jones Franklin Road, Cary.
The Apex Lions meet at 6:45 p.m. the first and third Thursday of the month at the C.C. Jones Community Center, 309 Holleman St., Apex. The Apex Lions support local charities with a special emphasis on the visually impaired. Call Nick Somma at 919-481-1888, or go to www.apexlions.org.
• Homewatch Caregivers of the Triangle is an in-home companion and personal care agency. The support group meets on the third Thursday of each month at Cambridge of Apex. For information, call 919-960-6038.
• Family Caregiver Support Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at Woodland Terrace Senior Living Community, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive, Cary. For information, call 919-465-0356.
Fuquay-Varina Garden Club
The Fuquay-Varina Garden Club meets at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at 602 N. Ennis St. For more information, go to bit.ly/1dqm4aC. August through May
TOPS in Cary
Take Off Pounds Sensibly holds morning meetings at 9 a.m. Thursdays at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, 110 SE Maynard Road, Cary. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cary Leads Group
The Cary Leads Group meets for networking with business owners and professionals from 9:45-11 a.m. Thursdays in the second-floor workshop at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Meetings start at 10 a.m. For details, go to caryleadsgroup.net.
VFW Post 7383
• The VFW hosts bingo on Thursdays with $2,500 paid out each week. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary; pack sales begin at 6:15 p.m. The early-bird game starts at 7 p.m. and the main game starts at 8 p.m.
• The VFW accepts unserviceable U.S. flags any afternoon after 1 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary. Details:www.caryvfw.org
Kiwanis Club of Cary
The Kiwanis Club of Cary meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays at Perkins Restaurant & Bakery, 908 U.S. 64, Apex. For details, call 919-363-8209 or visit www.kiwanisofcary.org.
Keep Fit Club
Keep Fit uses the Power 90 Extreme home-fitness program to support members through their weight-loss journeys. The club meets from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursdays at the Connections Event Center, 1280 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Details: 919-324-6828.
Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club
The Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club meets from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Thursdays in the fellowship hall at Cary United Methodist Church, 117 S. Academy St. Visitors are welcome. Details: www.carycrosstrailers.org.
Quarter Note Music hosts an open-mic event from 6-9 p.m. Fridays at 1583 Beaver Creek Commons Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-3939.
Warriors 4 Epilepsy Group
The Warriors 4 Epilepsy Group meets from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every second and third Saturday of the month at the gathering space by the café at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Details: email@example.com.
Morrisville Community Garden
The Morrisville Community Garden is planning, planting and seeking members to join the garden. Anyone interested can visit the garden from 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays at 219 Church St. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.morrisvillegarden.org.
Cary Multiple Sclerosis
People with MS lead monthly meetings of The Cary Multiple Sclerosis self-help group. Details: call Mary Ann at 919-779-2101.
The Moms Offering Moms Support of Fuquay-Varina/Holly Springs invites all at-home moms of Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Willow Spring to join the chapter. The club provides support for at-home mothers and takes part in community service projects. Details: email@example.com.