Cary Playwrights’ Forum
The Cary Playwrights’ Forum will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday, July 16, in the second-floor conference room at the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. For details, go to www.caryplaywrightsforum.org or email Phil Lewis at email@example.com.
Cary Amateur Radio Club SwapFest
The Cary Amateur Radio Club’s annual SwapFest will open to vendors at 6 a.m. and others at 8 a.m. Saturday, July 19, at Harold D. Ritter Park on West Lochmere Drive in Cary. Admission is $4 for ages 13 and older. Tailgate space for flea market sales costs $5, and vendor tables cost $10.
Testing for Amateur Radio licenses will begin at 10 a.m. at Resurrection Lutheran Church, 100 W. Lochmere Drive, Cary. Applicants must bring photo identification and copies of existing licenses or Certificate of Successful Completion of Examination credit. Exams cost $14.
Cub Scout Pack 202 movie night
Cub Scout Pack 202 will host a free movie night with “The Lego Movie” from 6-9 p.m. Saturday, July 19, at St. Francis United Methodist Church, 2965 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. Leaders will answer questions about Cub Scouting, a program with outdoor activities, sports, academics and more for boys in first through fifth grades. For details, go to sites.google.com/site/pack202carync.
Cary Photographic Artists
The Cary Photographic Artists will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday, July 23, at The Cary, 122 E. Chatham St., Cary. John Flake will give a presentation. Visitors are welcome. For details, go to www.caryphotographicartists.org.
Lupus support group
The Lupus Foundation of America, North Carolina Chapter will host a support group meeting for people with lupus, their families and caregivers from 6:30-8 p.m. Thursday, July 24, in the Waters Edge Office Park Conference Room, 4917 Waters Edge Drive, suite 250, Raleigh. Drop-ins are welcome. For details, call 877-849-8271, Ext. 2, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.lupusnc.org.
Rawls Community Club
The Rawls Community Club will meet at 7 p.m. Monday, Aug. 4, at 1447 Rawls Club Road, Fuquay-Varina. The group will discuss bylaw changes and a fall barbecue.
Outlanders, a group of kids of all ages with special needs, meets every other month for activities including fishing, racing pinewood derby cars, horseback riding and camping. To join the group’s email list, email email@example.com.
• The Cary Toastmasters meet from 8-9 a.m. every Monday in room 200-C at the Western Wake Campus of Wake Technical Community College, 3434 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. Details:carytoastmasters.toastmastersclubs.org
• Carylina Toastmasters meet to practice speaking and leadership skills from 7-8 p.m. Mondays at Carylina House, 111 McArthur Drive, Cary. Details:www.carylinatoastmasters.org
• Apex Toastmasters meet from 7-8 p.m. Tuesdays at the Spring Arbor Assisted Living Center, 901 Spring Arbor Court, Apex. Details:www.apextoastmasters.org
or call 919-303-5852.
• The Perimeter Park Toastmasters meet every other Wednesday from noon to 1 p.m. at the United Way office at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 150, Morrisville. Details:www.perimeterpark.toastmastersclubs.org
• The Heart of Cary Toastmasters, which focuses on public speaking, meet from 7-8 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month in the second-floor meeting room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Visitors are welcome.
• The Techtalk Toastmasters Club meets from 5:30-6:45 p.m. Thursdays at NetApp Building Two, 7301 Kit Creek Road in Research Triangle Park. The club helps members sharpen communication and leadership skills. Details:techtalk.toastmastersclubs.org
Mothers of Preschoolers
MOPS meets at 9:15 a.m. Mondays at Salem Baptist Church, 1821 N. Salem St., Apex. Register at salem-bc.org/mops. Details: 919-362-7327.
TOPS of Apex
The Take Off Pounds Sensibly group of Apex meets at 7 p.m. Mondays at New Horizons Fellowship, 820 E. Williams St., Apex. Call 919-345-7733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overeaters Anonymous, a 12-step program for people with eating disorders or food/eating issues, meets from 7:30-8:30 p.m. Mondays at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 600 Walnut St., Cary. For details, go to www.triangleoa.org.
The Asbury Station chapter of the DAR meets at 10 a.m. the third Wednesday of the month at the Glenaire Retirement Community, 4000 Glenaire Circle, Cary. For details, contact Jan Gorham at email@example.com.
West Raleigh Exchange Club
The West Raleigh Exchange Club meets at 7 p.m. the first and third Tuesday of each month at the Williams Center at 830 Barringer Drive, Raleigh. For details, call Jim Bowdish at 919-271-6834.
Hearts of Carolina
Hearts of Carolina, a smocking arts guild, meets at 7 p.m. every third Tuesday at First United Methodist Church, 402 N. Main St., Fuquay-Varina. For information, call Dottie Vester at 919-552-5797.
Southern Wake Quilters
The Southern Wake Quilters group meets at 7 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month in Ransdell Hall, 309 N. Ennis St., Fuquay-Varina. Arrive at 6:45 p.m. to sign in. All levels of quilters are invited. Visitors may attend two meetings without becoming a member. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Southern Wake Republican Club
The Southern Wake Republican Club meets at 7 p.m. the third Tuesday of the month at Bentwinds Country Club, 6536 Dornoch Place, Fuquay-Varina. For details, go to www.southernwakegop.com.
• The Apex Sunrise Rotary Club meets at 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays at Perkins Family Restaurant, 908 U.S. 64 West. Details:www.apexsunriserotaryclub.org
• The Morrisville Rotary Club meets at noon Tuesdays at Prestonwood Country Club. New members are welcome. Details:www.morrisville.rotary-clubs.org
• The Cary Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays at MacGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane. Visitors are welcome. Details:www.thecaryrotaryclub.org
• The Apex Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 1201 Haddon Hall Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-1040.
• Cary Kildaire Rotary Club meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays at MacGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane, Cary. New members and visitors are welcome. Details:www.cary-kildairerotaryclub.org
• The Cary Page Rotary Club meets for breakfast at 7 a.m. Fridays at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. Details: 919-522-0104 orwww.carypagerotary.org
Women in Networking
The Cary chapter of Women in Networking meets from 8:30-9:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Mimi’s Café, 115 Walnut St., Cary. For details, go to win-nc.com.
Cary Greatest Generation Club
The Cary Greatest Generation Club meets from 9:30-10:30 a.m. Tuesdays at the Cary Senior Center. For details, call Page Ott at 919-467-3534.
A group meets to play cribbage at 11 a.m. Tuesdays at the Fuquay-Varina Community Center, 820 S. Main St. For details, call Dale Schleiter at 919-552-5380.
A local chess club will meet from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays or Wednesdays at a coffee house/bakery at the corner of Weston Parkway and Harrison Avenue in Cary. Any level of experience is welcome. For details, contact David at 919-901-2352 or email@example.com.
Recovery International support group offers self-help for stress, anxiety, depression, anger and fear. The group meets from 7-8:45 p.m. Tuesdays at Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, Lower Peace Hall, 3313 Wade Ave., Raleigh. For more information, call 919-886-7768 or go to www.lowselfhelpsystems.org.
The Cary Blanketeers meet from 10 a.m. to noon the first and third Wednesday of the month at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Blankets are donated to Project Linus and Loved Twice. For details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holly Springs Writer’s Guild
Published and aspiring authors are invited to the Holly Springs Writer’s Guild from 6-7 p.m. the third Wednesday of the month in the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St. RSVP at www.meetup.com/Holly-Springs-Writers-Guild.
Cary Playwrights’ Forum
The Cary Playwrights’ Forum meets at 7 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month in the second-floor conference room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Meetings are open to anyone who is writing a play or interested in learning about writing plays. For information, contact Phil Lewis at email@example.com, or go to www.caryplaywrightsforum.org.
Holly Springs Community Band
The Holly Springs Community Band is looking for adult woodwind, brass, percussion, keyboard, bass and guitar musicians to practice with the band from 7-8:45 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center. Musicians must be able to read music. Some positions are available for aspiring, talented and mature junior- and senior-level high school musicians. Details: www.hollyspringsband.net.
Apex Kiwanis Club
Apex Kiwanis meets most Wednesdays at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St., Apex. Details: Betty Obremski at 919-859-5810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swift Creek Township Exchange
The Swift Creek Township Exchange club meets at 6:30 p.m. the first and third Thursday of the month at Barry’s Café, 2851 Jones Franklin Road, Cary.
The Apex Lions meet at 6:45 p.m. the first and third Thursday of the month at the C.C. Jones Community Center, 309 Holleman St., Apex. The Apex Lions support local charities with a special emphasis on the visually impaired. Call Nick Somma at 919-481-1888, or go to www.apexlions.org.
Chronic pain support group
An arthritis, chronic pain, fibromyalgia and joint replacement support group meets from 1:30-3 p.m. the third Thursday of each month in classroom one at the Rex Wellness Center, 1515 Cary Parkway, Cary. For details, call 919-387-0080.
• Homewatch Caregivers of the Triangle is an in-home companion and personal care agency. The support group meets on the third Thursday of each month at Cambridge of Apex. For information, call 919-960-6038.
• Family Caregiver Support Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at Woodland Terrace Senior Living Community, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive, Cary. For information, call 919-465-0356.
TOPS in Cary
Take Off Pounds Sensibly holds morning meetings at 9 a.m. Thursdays at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, 110 SE Maynard Road, Cary. Details: email@example.com.
Cary Leads Group
The Cary Leads Group meets for networking with business owners and professionals from 9:45-11 a.m. Thursdays in the second-floor workshop at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Meetings start at 10 a.m. For details, go to caryleadsgroup.net.
VFW Post 7383
• The VFW hosts bingo on Thursdays with $2,500 paid out each week. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary; pack sales begin at 6:15 p.m. The early-bird game starts at 7 p.m. and the main game starts at 8 p.m.
• The VFW accepts unserviceable U.S. flags any afternoon after 1 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary. Details:www.caryvfw.org
Keep Fit Club
Keep Fit uses the Power 90 Extreme home-fitness program to support members through their weight-loss journeys. The club meets from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursdays at the Connections Event Center, 1280 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Details: 919-324-6828.
Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club
The Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club meets from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Thursdays in the fellowship hall at Cary United Methodist Church, 117 S. Academy St. Visitors are welcome. Details: www.carycrosstrailers.org.
Quarter Note Music hosts an open-mic event from 6-9 p.m. Fridays at 1583 Beaver Creek Commons Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-3939.
Warriors 4 Epilepsy Group
The Warriors 4 Epilepsy Group meets from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every second and third Saturday of the month at the gathering space by the café at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Triangle Seagals, a group of former or presently serving women of all sea services, will meet at 12 p.m. the third Saturday of the month (Oct., Feb., April, June, Aug.) at Perkins restaurant, 908 U.S. 64, Apex. For details, call 919-303-8205 or go to sites.google.com/site/triangleseagals.
Morrisville Community Garden
The Morrisville Community Garden is planning, planting and seeking members to join the garden. Anyone interested can visit the garden from 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays at 219 Church St. Details: email@example.com or www.morrisvillegarden.org.
Cary Multiple Sclerosis
People with MS lead monthly meetings of The Cary Multiple Sclerosis self-help group. Details: call Mary Ann at 919-779-2101.
The Moms Offering Moms Support of Fuquay-Varina/Holly Springs invites all at-home moms of Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Willow Spring to join the chapter. The club provides support for at-home mothers and takes part in community service projects. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.