The Point Church food pantry gives bagged groceries, a hot meal and clothing to families in need from 11 a.m. to noon Saturdays at 1503 Walnut St., Cary.
Vacation Bible School• Saint Francis United Methodist Church will host Vacation Bible School for preschool through fifth-grade students from 5-7:45 p.m. Monday, July 14, through Friday, July 18, at 2965 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. The church also offers a Bible study for adults. Register for $10 by Sunday, June 29. For details and registration, go to www.saintfrancisumc.org/vbs.
• Resurrection Lutheran Church will host Vacation Bible School for 3-year-olds through kindergarten students from 9-11:30 a.m. Monday, July 21, through Friday, July 25, at 100 W. Lochmere Drive, Cary. Vacation Bible School for kindergarten through fifth-grade students will be from 6-8:30 p.m. Sunday, July 20, through Thursday, July 24. Registration costs $10 per child. For details or registration, call 919-851-7248 or go to www.rlcary.org.
• Jordan Lutheran Church will host Vacation Bible School from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday, July 26, at 1031 Pemberton Hill Road, suite 202, Apex. For details, go to jordanchurchnc.org/vbs.
• Kirk of Kildaire Presbyterian Church will host “Galilee by the Sea” Vacation Bible School for 4-year-olds through rising sixth-graders from 6-8 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 3, through Thursday, Aug. 7, at 200 High Meadow Drive, Cary. For details or registration, call 919-467-4944 or go to www.kirkofkildaire.org.
Summer writing camp
Peace Presbyterian Church will host Color Your World with Words, a summer writing camp for ages 8-12, from 9 a.m. to noon Monday, July 14, through Friday, July 18, in room C106 at 1777 W. Chatham St., Cary. There will be games, stories, news articles, poetry and a field trip. Registration costs $125, including all supplies. To register, call Katharine Parrish at 919-467-1924 or email email@example.com.
Children’s centers and preschools• St. Andrew’s Early Childhood Center at St. Andrew the Apostle Roman Catholic Church is accepting new students ages 3-5. The center is at 3008 Old Raleigh Road, Apex. For details and registration, call 919-387-8656 or go to www.saintandrew.org.
• Cary Presbyterian Preschool at Cary Presbyterian Church is registering students ages 18 months to 5 years for 2014-15. The church is at 614 Griffis St., Cary. For details or to schedule a tour, call Angie Keith at 919-469-2229 or go to www.carypresbyterian.org.
• Christ the King Preschool of Christ the King Lutheran Church is accepting registration for ages 2-5 for the 2014-15 school year. The church is at 600 Walnut St., Cary. For more information, go to www.christthekingcary.org/Preschool/Registration.aspx.
• Fellowship Preschool has openings for ages 2-5 for 2014-15. The preschool is at 1788 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. For details, call Becki Ross at 919-380-0533, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or go to www.fellowshippreschool.org.
• First Baptist Church - Cary’s First Baptist Weekday Preschool has openings for children ages 18 months to 5 years for 2014-15. Summer camp is also available from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday, Aug. 4, to Friday, Aug. 8. The preschool is at 218 S. Academy St., Cary. For more information, contact Aliza Travis at 919-467-6356, ext. 114, or email@example.com, or go to www.caryfbc.org/weekday.
• Greenwood Forest Children’s Center at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church has openings for preschool registration for ages 2-5 for the 2014-15 school year. The church is at 110 SE Maynard Road, Cary. For details and registration, call Sandy Duncan at 919-469-0140 or go to cc.gfbccary.org.
• Kirk of Kildaire Children’s Center has openings for ages 2-5 for 2014-15. The center is at 200 High Meadow Drive, Cary. For details, contact Brenda Holladay at 919-469-4895 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or go to www.kirkchildrenscenter.com.
• Peace Presbyterian’s Children Center at Peace Presbyterian Church has openings for ages 2 to 5 for the fall. The church is at 1777 W. Chatham St., Cary. For details or a tour, call 919-415-1733, email email@example.com or go to www.peacepca.org/ministries/ppcc.
• St. Paul’s Preschool at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Cary is accepting registration for the 2014-15 school year. The church is at 221 Union St., Cary. For more information or to schedule a tour, contact Brooke Bowersox at 919-467-3788 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saint Francis United Methodist Church will host one combined worship service during the summer at 10 a.m. Sundays through July 27 at 2965 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. For details, go to www.saintfrancisumc.org.
First United Methodist Church - Cary will host GriefShare meetings at 7 p.m. Thursdays, through Oct. 9, in room 125 at 117 S. Academy St., Cary. There will not be meetings on July 17 or July 31. The workbook costs $15. For information about the church, go to www.fumc-cary.org. To register, go to bit.ly/1sEsFba.
Summer writing camp
Peace Presbyterian Church will host a writing camp for ages 8-12 from 9 a.m. to noon Monday, July 14, through Friday, July 18, in room C106 at 1777 W. Chatham St., Cary. Registration costs $125, including supplies. To register, contact Katharine Parrish at 919-467-1924 or email@example.com.
Raleigh Christian Women’s Connection
The Raleigh Christian Women’s Connection will meet from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, July 15, at the N.C. State University Club, 4200 Hillsborough St., Raleigh. Betty Sue McNeill will speak. Lunch costs $16, and a free nursery is available. To make reservations by Thursday, July 10, call 919-337-8003 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Peace University
Kirk of Kildaire Presbyterian Church will host Financial Peace University classes from 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Sept. 2 through Oct. 28, at 200 High Meadow Drive, Cary. Register by Friday, Aug. 1. For details or registration, call 919-467-4944 or go to www.kirkofkildaire.org.
Contemplative worship service
Woodhaven Baptist Church offers a contemplative worship service with meditation from 8:30-9:15 a.m. Sundays at 4000 Kildaire Farm Road, Apex.
Worship services at The Cary
First United Methodist Church - Cary hosts worship services at The Cary theater at 9:45 a.m. Sundays at 122 E. Chatham St.
Holly Springs United Methodist Church hosts “There is a Solution” Alcoholics Anonymous group meetings from 7-8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at 108 Avent Ferry Road.
Sisters in Support
White Plains United Methodist Church hosts a support group for women who had or currently have breast cancer from 7-8:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at 313 SE Maynard Road, Cary. For more information, email Lee Heathcoat at email@example.com.
Family support ministry meeting
A family support ministry organized by Mary Williams-Farrington and the Pardoned by Christ Ministry meets the first, second and fourth Tuesday of every month at The Point Church, 1503 Walnut St., Cary. The ministry provides support for people who have been incarcerated or who have or have had an incarcerated family member. For details, call 919-272-3045 or 919-255-5883 or go to www.pardonedbychrist.org.
Fuquay-Varina United Methodist Church hosts Overeaters Anonymous meetings from 1:30-2:30 p.m. Wednesdays in room 126, 100 Judd Parkway. The group’s supportive meetings don’t include weigh-ins, diets or fees. For more information, call 919-557-7712 or 919-771-1393.
Summit Evangelical Covenant Church will host Celebrate Recovery meetings for people recovering from hurting, hangups and habits at 8 p.m. Wednesdays at 590 Westhigh St., Cary. For more information on Celebrate Recovery, go to www.celebraterecovery.com. For more information on the church’s program, go to www.summitnc.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cary Presbyterian Church offers a labyrinth meditation walk from 5:30-7:30 p.m. the first Wednesday of each month at 614 Griffis St. For details, call 919-469-1337 or visit www.carypresbyterian.org.
Cancer support group
A cancer support group meets the second Wednesday of each month from 7-8:30 p.m. in Room WC108 at Colonial Baptist Church, 6051 Tryon Road, Cary. Details: Phyllis Travers, 919-233-0355.
Author and speaker Sarah Bush will host a 12-week study on prayer with her book, “The Invitation – Come Boldly to the Throne of Grace,” from 10-11:30 a.m. or 7-8:30 p.m. Thursdays at 708 Town Side Drive, Apex. For information or registration, email email@example.com.
The Knights of Columbus Council 12119 hosts jackpot bingo at 7 p.m. Thursdays at St. Bernadette Catholic Church, 1005 Wilbon Road, Fuquay-Varina. Doors open at 6 p.m. Food and beverages available. Details: Al Munno, 919-557-7718, or Sonny Butler, 845-797-0830.
Celebrate Recovery for Women
Celebrate Recovery for Women meets at 6 p.m. every Friday at the homes of members of North Cary Baptist Church. The group helps women with hurting, hangups and habits. Details: 919-469-8023.
Brown Bag Ministry
The Brown Bag Ministry, which feeds more than 1,400 people a week, is looking for middle- and high school-age volunteers. The group meets at St. Andrew the Apostle Catholic Church in Apex about 9 a.m. Saturdays. Volunteers prepare bagged meals and hand them out in Raleigh. The group usually finishes by 1 p.m. Details: www.brownbagministry.org.