The SpeakOut NC speech and debate club is looking for judges for the Tarheel Qualifier, a regional tournament for the National Christian Forensics and Communications Association, from Thursday, March 19, through Saturday, March 21. Volunteers will work for about three hours, including training. Experience is not required. For details, email email@example.com or go to www.ncfca.org.
The Morrisville Fire Rescue Department offers free CPR and automatic external defibrillator certification classes for Morrisville residents from 7-10 p.m. the fourth Thursday of each month at Morrisville Fire/Rescue Station #1, 200 Town Hall Drive.
Classes begin in March. For details or to sign up, email your name, address, phone number and class date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Stevens Nature Center will host activities for kids at Hemlock Bluffs Nature Preserve, 2616 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. All classes cost $12 for Cary residents and $16 for non-residents unless another price is given. To register, call 919-387-5980. Here’s the schedule:
▪ Discovery Days Mini-Camps: Home Sweet Home (ages 5-7): 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday, March 23, through Wednesday, March 25. $54 for Cary residents, $68 for non-residents.
▪ Curious Creatures: Amphibian Adventures (ages 5-8): 2-4 p.m. Tuesday, March 24.
▪ Kids Fun-Days: Salamander Commander (ages 5-8): 2-4 p.m. Wednesday, March 25.
▪ Eco-Express: Fantastic Frogs and Super Salamanders (ages 8-12): 10 a.m. to noon Thursday, March 26.
▪ Kids Fun-Days: Fantastic Fossils (ages 5-8): 1-3 p.m. Thursday, March 26.
▪ Nature Nuts: Foxes (ages 3-5 with a parent): 10-11 a.m. Friday, March 27, or Saturday, March 28. $10 per session for Cary residents, $13 for non-residents.
▪ Curious Creatures: Bobcats and Beavers (ages 5-8): 1-3 p.m. Friday, March 27.
The West Regional Library will host a discussion on “The Interestings” by Meg Wolitzer from 7-8 p.m. Monday, March 23, at 4000 Louis Stephens Drive, Cary.
Historic Preservation Series
The Friends of the Page-Walker Hotel’s Historic Preservation Series will continue with “Preserving America's Memories: Film, TV and Sound at the Library of Congress” at 7:30 p.m. Monday, March 23, at The Cary, 122 E. Chatham St.
The Elements of Writing
Carrie Knowles, 2014 Piedmont Laureate, will discuss writing from 6:30-8 p.m. Wednesday, March 25, at the West Regional Library, 4000 Louis Stephens Drive, Cary. To register, call 919-463-8500.
Cambridge Village of Apex’s third annual Activity Fair for seniors will be from 2-4 p.m. Thursday, March 26, at 10000 Cambridge Village Loop. For more information, call 919-363-2080.
Indoor Farmers Market
Holly Springs’ Indoor Farmers Market will be open from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, March 28, at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W. Ballentine St.
▪ The Apex Easter Egg Hunt starts at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 28, at the Apex Town Complex, 53 Hunter St.
▪ The Candy Hop, Fuquay-Varina’s annual Easter egg hunt for families, is 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, March 28, on Main and Broad streets.
▪ Morrisville’s annual Easter Egg Hunt for ages 2-10 is 9:30 a.m. to noon Friday, April 3, on Field #1 at Morrisville Community Park, 1520 Morrisville Parkway. There will be food trucks, a bounce house, face painting and more activities for families. Kids will be divided by age: ages 2-4 will search for eggs at 9:30 a.m., ages 5-7 at 10:15 a.m. and ages 8-10 at 11 a.m.
Beer & Bacon Festival
The Beer & Bacon Festival will come to Cary on Saturday, March 28, at Koka Booth Amphitheatre, 8003 Regency Parkway, Cary. Guests will sample international beers and wines, and enjoy tasting stations from Triangle restaurants. There will be live music, a butchering class and exhibits.
VIP tickets are $69 in advance. Regular tickets cost $39 in advance and $45 the day of the festival. For designated drivers, VIP tickets cost $39 and regular tickets cost $25 in advance. For details, go to www.beerandbacon.com.
Bucket Bash benefit
The first Bucket Bash to raise money for the Fill Your Bucket List Foundation is 5-9 p.m. Sunday, March 29, at Weston One Office Park, 1001 Winstead Drive, Cary. The event raises money for a local non-profit that grants wishes to adult cancer patients. Tickets are $75, and sponsorships are available. For information on the event or the foundation, go to www.fillyourbucketlistfoundation.org.
Cancer Kicking Poker Run
A fundraiser for a Fuquay-Varina woman, formerly of Cary, who has cancer and the American Cancer Society will be at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 4, at Draft Line Brewing Co., 341 Broad St., suite 151, Fuquay-Varina. There will be a poker run, a raffle, live music, a pig picking and games. Vendors will sell products with proceeds going to those affected by cancer. Registration for the poker run is at 10 a.m. for $20 per rider or $10 passenger at Ray Price Harley-Davidson, 1126 S. Saunders St., Raleigh. For details, go to runbunnyfunrun.weebly.com.
Bike safety rodeo
The Morrisville Fire/Rescue Department will host a bike safety rodeo for kids and teenagers from 10-11 a.m. Saturday, April 11, at Morrisville Fire/Rescue Station #1, 200 Town Hall Drive. Kids will learn about bike safety and ride through an obstacle course.
The class size is limited to 20 participants. A parent or guardian must accompany each child. To sign up for free, go to www.townofmorrisville.org/bikerodeo.
Great Grapes! Food and Wine Festival
Koka Booth Amphitheatre will host the Great Grapes! Food and Wine Festival from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, April 18, at 8003 Regency Parkway, Cary. For details, go to www.uncorkthefun.com.
Chatham Street Chowdown
The Chatham Street Chowdown food truck rally is noon to 4:30 p.m. Sunday, April 19, on West Chatham Street in downtown Cary. There will be 15 food trucks, a beer and wine garden and live music. There will be more food truck rallies from 5-9:30 p.m. Sunday, July 26, and noon to 4:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 4.
Holly Springs Farmers Market
The Holly Springs Farmers Market’s organizers seek vendors for the market’s ninth season, beginning Saturday, May 2. For details, go to www.HSFarmersMarket.com.
Apex’s 35th annual Peak Fest will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, May 2, downtown. For details, go to apexpeakfest.com.
Beer, Bourbon and BBQ Festival
Koka Booth Amphitheatre will host the Beer, Bourbon and BBQ Festival on Friday, July 31, and Saturday, Aug. 1, at 8003 Regency Parkway, Cary. For details, go to www.beerandbourbon.com.
Send Community Notes to email@example.com.