Cary XYZ Club
The Cary XYZ Club meets at 10 a.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of each month in the ball room of the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury Odell Place. The club is open to people who live in or near Cary who are 55 or older. Membership dues are $15 per year and visitors are invited to try one visit for free. For details, call club president Joe Furno at 919-467-8332.
Club Unveiling Event Fundraiser
The Western Wake Woman’s Club, formerly known as the Cary Junior Woman’s Club, will host a Club Unveiling Event Fundraiser to benefit the Western Wake Crisis Ministry from 6:30-9:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 27, at The Frontier of Research Triangle Park, 800 Park Offices Drive, Durham. Tickets for the fundraiser with appetizers, wine, beer and a silent auction cost $35 at www.westernwakewomansclub.org.
Cary Photographic Artists
The Cary Photographic Artists meet from 7-9 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at The Cary, 122 E. Chatham St. The group hosts a print critique for members on May 27. Visitors are welcome. For details, go to www.caryphotographicartists.org.
Lupus support group
The Lupus Foundation of America, North Carolina Chapter will host a support group for people with lupus, their family members and caregivers from 6:30-8 p.m. Thursday, May 28, in the Waters Edge Office Park Conference Room, 4917 Waters Edge Drive, suite 250, Raleigh. Drop-ins are welcome. For informaion, call 877-849-8271, extension 2, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or go to www.lupusnc.org.
Cary Amateur Radio Club
The Cary Amateur Radio Club meets at 7:31 p.m. Thursday, May 28, in the lower level of White Plains United Methodist Church, 313 SE Maynard Road, Cary. Joe Huberman will talk about amateur radio direction finding.
BBQ Chicken Fundraiser
Boy Scout Troop 444’s annual BBQ Chicken Fundraiser will be from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, May 30, in the parking lot of Johnson Optometric Associates, 1340 N. Main St., Fuquay-Varina. Meals cost $8. For details and to order early, go to www.troop444.us.
Pig Pickin’ in the Park
The Cary-Kildaire Rotary Club’s 29th annual Pig Pickin’ in the Park is from 4:30-7 p.m. Saturday, June 6, in the senior center at Fred G. Bond Metro Park, 801 High House Road, Cary.
Lupus support group
A support group for people with lupus, their family members and caregivers meets from 6:30-8 p.m. Thursday, June 25, in the Waters Edge Office Park Conference Room, 4917 Waters Edge Drive, suite 250, Raleigh. Drop-ins are welcome. For information, call 877-849-8271, extension 1, email email@example.com or go to www.lupusnc.org.
Outlanders, a group of kids of all ages with special needs, meets every other month for activities including fishing, racing pinewood derby cars, horseback riding and camping. To join the group’s email list, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mothers of Preschoolers
MOPS meets from 9:15-11:30 a.m. September through May on the second and fourth Monday of the month at Salem Baptist Church, 1821 N. Salem St., Apex. Register at salem-bc.org/mops.
Screenline, a screenwriters’ group, meets at 7 p.m. the third or fourth Monday of the month at Starbucks, 3800 Lake Boone Trail, Raleigh. The next meetings will be on Feb. 16, March 16, April 20 and May 20. For information, go to nc-screenline.freehostia.com.
▪ The Cary Toastmasters meet from 8-9 a.m. every Monday in room 200-C at the Western Wake Campus of Wake Technical Community College, 3434 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. Details: carytoastmasters.toastmastersclubs.org.
▪ Carylina Toastmasters meet to practice speaking and leadership skills from 7-8 p.m. Mondays at Carylina House, 111 McArthur Drive, Cary. Details: www.carylinatoastmasters.org.
▪ Apex Toastmasters meet at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at the Spring Arbor Assisted Living Center, 901 Spring Arbor Court, Apex. Details: www.apextoastmasters.org.
▪ The Perimeter Park Toastmasters meet at noon every other Wednesday at the United Way office at 2400 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 150, Morrisville. Details: www.perimeterpark.toastmastersclubs.org.
▪ The Heart of Cary Toastmasters, which focuses on public speaking, meet from 7-8 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month in the second-floor meeting room of the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Visitors are welcome.
▪ The Techtalk Toastmasters Club meets at 5:30 p.m. Thursdays, except on holidays, at NetApp Building Two, 7301 Kit Creek Road, Research Triangle Park. The club helps members sharpen communication and leadership skills. Details: techtalk.toastmastersclubs.org.
Boy Scout Troop 444
Boy Scout Troop 444 meets at 7 p.m. Monday nights at St. Bernadette Catholic Church, 1005 Wilbon Road, Fuquay-Varina. For details, call Scoutmaster Matt Price at 919-614-6288 or go to www.troop444.us.
TOPS of Apex
The Take Off Pounds Sensibly group of Apex meets at 7 p.m. Mondays at New Horizons Fellowship, 820 E. Williams St., Apex. Call 919-621-3613.
Overeaters Anonymous, a 12-step program for people with eating disorders or food/eating issues, meets from 7:30-8:30 p.m. Mondays at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 600 Walnut St., Cary. For details, go to www.triangleoa.org.
Cary Community Lions Club
The Cary Community Lions Club meets at noon on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at IHOP, 1301 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary. For details, contact President Rob Moncure at email@example.com.
Holly Springs Masonic Lodge
The Holly Springs Masonic Lodge No. 115 meets at 7:30 p.m. every second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 224 Raleigh St., Holly Springs. A meal is served on the second Tuesday of the month following the meeting. For details, go to www.hs115.org.
▪ Cary Central Rotary Club meets from 7-8 a.m. Mondays at the Matthews House, 317 W. Chatham St.
▪ The Apex Sunrise Rotary Club meets at 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays at Perkins Family Restaurant, 908 U.S. 64 West. Details: www.apexsunriserotaryclub.org.
▪ The Morrisville Rotary Club meets at noon Tuesdays at Prestonwood Country Club, 300 Prestonwood Parkway, Cary. New members are welcome. Details: www.morrisville.rotary-clubs.org.
▪ The Cary Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays at MacGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane. Visitors are welcome. Details: www.thecaryrotaryclub.org.
▪ The Downtown Fuquay-Varina Rotary Club meets at 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at 405 Broad St., Fuquay-Varina. New members and visitors are welcome. For details, go to www.F-VdowntownRotaryclub.org.
▪ The Apex Rotary Club meets at 12:30 p.m. Thursdays at Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 1201 Haddon Hall Drive, Apex. Details: 919-387-1040.
▪ Cary Kildaire Rotary Club meets from 6:15-7:15 p.m. Thursdays at MacGregor Downs Country Club, 430 St. Andrews Lane, Cary. New members and visitors are welcome. Details: www.cary-kildairerotaryclub.org.
▪ The Cary Page Rotary Club meets for breakfast at 7 a.m. Fridays at Woodland Terrace, 300 Kildaire Woods Drive. Details: www.carypagerotary.org.
Women in Networking
The Cary chapter of Women in Networking meets from 8:30-9:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Mimi’s Café, 115 Walnut St., Cary. For details, go to win-nc.com.
Cary Greatest Generation Club
The Cary Greatest Generation Club meets from 9:30-10:30 a.m. Tuesdays at the Cary Senior Center. For details, call Page Ott at 919-467-3534.
A group meets to play cribbage at 11 a.m. Tuesdays at the Fuquay-Varina Community Center, 820 S. Main St. For details, call Dale Schleiter at 919-552-5380.
Crossfit Embark and Brueprint Brewing Company host a run club with 1.5-mile, 3-mile and 5-mile routes at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays. Runs start at Crossfit Embark, 1229 Perry Road, Apex.
Recovery International support group offers self-help for stress, anxiety, depression, anger and fear. The group meets at 7:15 p.m. Tuesdays at Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, in the Emerson Room in the lower Peace Hall, 3313 Wade Ave., Raleigh. For more information, go to www.recoveryinternational.org.
Cary XYZ Club
The Cary XYZ Club meets at 10 a.m. the second and fourth Wednesday of the month in the ball room at the Cary Senior Center, 120 Maury Odell Place. For details, call club president Joe Furno at 919-467-8332.
Alzheimer’s support group
An Alzheimer’s family support group will meet on the fourth Wednesday of each month 6:30-7:30 p.m. at 901 Spring Arbor Court, Apex.
Carolina Veterans Support Group
The Carolina Veterans Support Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the last Wednesday of every month at Cary American Legion and Auxiliary Post 67, 8523 Chapel Hill Road, Cary. The organization raises awareness and solutions for homeless veterans.
Fuquay-Varina American Legion Post 116 hosts Bingo games at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at 6400 Johnson Pond Road. Doors open at 6 p.m. There will be cash prizes.
Holly Springs Community Band
The Holly Springs Community Band is looking for adult musicians to practice with the band at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Holly Springs Cultural Center. Musicians must be able to read music. Details: www.hollyspringsband.net.
Apex Kiwanis Club
Apex Kiwanis meets from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. most Wednesdays at Anna’s Pizzeria, 100 N. Salem St., Apex. Details: www.apexkiwanis.org.
The National Alliance on Mental Illness Wake County offers a support group for family, friends and caregivers of people with mental illnesses from 7-8:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Thursday of each month at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 600 Walnut St., Cary. Meetings are free and confidential. For details, go to www.nami-wake.org.
TOPS in Cary
Take Off Pounds Sensibly holds morning meetings at 9 a.m. Thursdays at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, 110 SE Maynard Road, Cary. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cary Leads Group
The Cary Leads Group meets for networking with business owners and professionals from 9:45-11 a.m. Thursdays in the second-floor workshop at Hope Community Church, 821 Buck Jones Road, Raleigh. Meetings start at 10 a.m. For details, go to caryleadsgroup.net.
VFW Post 7383
▪ The VFW hosts bingo on Thursdays with $2,500 paid out each week. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary; pack sales begin at 6:15 p.m. The early-bird game starts at 7 p.m. and the main game starts at 8 p.m.
▪ The VFW accepts unserviceable U.S. flags any afternoon after 1 p.m. at 522 Reedy Creek Road, Cary. Details: www.caryvfw.org.
Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club
The Cary Cross Trailers Square Dance Club meets from 6-9:30 p.m. Thursdays in the fellowship hall at Cary United Methodist Church, 117 S. Academy St.
Round dance lessons are from 6-7 p.m., plus lessions are from 7-7:30 p.m., mainstream class is from 7-9:30 p.m. and club dance is from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Visitors are welcome. Details: www.carycrosstrailers.org.
Cary Multiple Sclerosis
People with MS lead monthly meetings of the Cary Multiple Sclerosis self-help group. Details: Call Mary Ann at 919-779-2101.
The Moms Offering Moms Support of Fuquay-Varina/Holly Springs invites all at-home moms of Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs and Willow Spring to join the chapter. The club provides support for at-home mothers and takes part in community service projects. Details: email@example.com.
Send Club Notes to firstname.lastname@example.org.