The construction accident in Raleigh that killed three men and badly injured a fourth involved mast climbers, a type of scaffolding that is generally regarded as safe but that requires special training and expertise to install and operate safely. Labor advocates say Latino workers, on whom the building industry relies, don’t always get the training and safety equipment they need on the job.
Tarboro Road Community Center and the St. Monica Teen Center, both on the edge of Raleigh’s downtown, gained access to some of the fastest Internet speeds in the city on Saturday through an agreement with AT&T.
The digital home for the Triangle arts community that connects visual and performing artists, venues and audiences in a lively conversation that builds engagement, community support for artists and awareness of the arts’ economic impact.
Cary Towne Center’s request to allow three-story buildings at the mall prompted a mixture of responses from Cary residents on Thursday in what was seen as the first step in a long process toward welcoming TopGolf, a Texas-based company that builds elaborate driving range/restaurant complexes.
The town council agreed last week they want to try to encourage a Wake County developer to have his proposed subdivision be annexed in the town limits. The proposed 90-lot subdivision, which will be built south of New Bethel Church Road across the street from the new South Garner High, is expected to have homes with a price point of $350,000, Town Manager Hardin Watkins said at the March 17 town council meeting.
Wake County is retrofitting all its school buses with a new lighting system to give increased notice when they’re stopping to pick up and drop off students. Some buses got exterior cameras mounted on their stop arms to identify motorists who pass them illegally, and some got interior cameras to monitor student behavior.
Chef Andy Perno, formerly sous chef at Piedmont teamed up with Andy Magowan to open The Boot in Durham’s Rockwood Shopping Center. They make no bones about their intent to focus on the Italian-American interpretation of Italy’s cuisine.
A fire that burned so it hot it melted glass in a nearby building and lens covers on a firetruck's emergency lights destroyed a 106-year-old house on North Main Street in Wake Forest late Wednesday, officials said.
Oops, you haven't selected any newsletters. Please check the box next to one or more of our email newsletters and submit again.
Oops, you didn't provide a valid email address. Please double-check the email field and submit again.