Apex Elementary School students were evacuated briefly from their building Wednesday morning after a gas leak was discovered.
Firefighters were called shortly after 8:30 a.m., and students were allowed back into the building before 9 a.m. after the firefighters checked for gas inside the structure.
Officials called PSNC to repair the leak, which was believed to be outside the building. The odor of the chemical that is added to natural gas to make it detectable by smell led to at least one other call in the area.
Apex Elementary is at 700 Tingen Road.