Fires at homes in Raleigh on Sunday afternoon and night displaced six people and sent at least one person to a hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation, the fire department reported.
The fire that sent the person to the hospital was in a one-story house at 113 N. Carver St., northeast of downtown, and was reported at 8:09 p.m., officials said.
Four people needed Red Cross assistance to find a place to stay after the fire, the department said.
Firefighters were dispatched back to the building about 6:50 a.m. Monday and found smoke coming from it. Sunday night, the first truck to get to the house found flames coming from the front, according to an investigator’s report.
Never miss a local story.
The other fire was reported at 4:25 p.m. in a two-story house at 1437 Greenside Drive, off Falls of Neuse Road.
Firefighters said flames were coming from the building’s roof when they arrived there. Two people were displaced.
Fire Capt. Preston Gaster, an investigator, said both fires were deemed accidental due to electrical problems.
Gaster estimated that half of the Greenside Drive house was damaged and 40 percent of the North Carver Street house.