A fire caused by unattended food on a stove damaged half of a duplex home on Shelden Drive on Monday, the fire department reported.
The fire was reported at noon, and the first firefighters to arrive reported heavy fire was coming from the back and the right half of the two-story, side-by-side duplex off Rush Street in the southeast part of the city.
A report of the incident said one person who lived in the house was taken to a hospital after complaining of chest pains.
A firefighter had burns on his ears and shoulders, but did not need hospitalization, the report said.
Never miss a local story.
Both sides of the house were uninhabitable after the fire was put out, it said. Four people were displaced.