A man police had been seeking in connections with one of a string of shootings in the city last month surrendered Wednesday night to face attempted murder and other felony charges and was being held in lieu of $10 million bail.
John Marcus Tarver, 26, is charged with attempted first-degree murder, assault with a dangerous weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, gun possession by a felon and shooting into an occupied dwelling for a shooting in the 900 block of Scout Drive on Aug. 24.
A 48-year-old woman was wounded in that incident.
Police said at the time that witnesses told them someone knocked on the door of the woman’s house about 2 a.m. and then shot at her.
Never miss a local story.
There was a series of shootings on Aug. 21 on Hinson Drive, Aug. 23 on Canal Street and Aug. 24 on Scout Drive and Ashe Street.
Eleven people were wounded in the four incidents.
Investigators are still working on the cases, and police asked anyone with any information about any of the incidents to call CrimeStoppers at 919-683-1200. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases, and callers never have to identify themselves.