Police on Wednesday arrested a seventh suspect in what they termed an ongoing investigation into a home-invasion robbery Monday morning at a house on Spencer Crest Court.
Like five adults arrested Tuesday in Durham, Andre Lamar Dixon, 22, lives in the Bull City, at 2211 Concord St. A Cary detective arrested Dixon in Durham on South Miami Boulevard late Wednesday morning, records showed.
Dixon was held in lieu of $1 million cash-only bail on charges of first-degree burglary, second-degree kidnapping and robbery with a dangerous weapon.
Police have said that Dixon, the five men previously arrested and a 15-year-old broke into the house and held four people at gunpoint before leaving with $200 in cash and a cell phone.
Initially, police had said they were looking for six suspects.
Capt. Randall Rhyne, head of investigations for Cary police, said Thursday, however, that the investigation has continued. “We feel he (Dixon) was part of the group.”
Detectives got a warrant charging Dixon on Tuesday.
Rhyne declined to say what led detectives to Dixon. He said that part of the ongoing probe is trying to determine why the house on Spencer Crest Court was targeted and why so many people were involved.
Cary police have been working with Durham police and other local agencies, Rhyne said. The first five suspects were arrested after Durham police spotted a car that Cary police had reported as a getaway vehicle.
Durham police filed charges of possession of stolen property against the first five men arrested – Howard Freeman Earl Jr., Terrell Lee McLamb, Devon Antonio Harris, Kevin Jaime Jenavous Malone and Octavio Trayvon Noel.
They also charged Malone with possession of a stolen gun, Harris with a misdemeanor probation violation and McLamb with failing to appear in court on gun charges in 2014 and marijuana charges last year.
The new charges raised each man’s bail, and they remained in custody at the Wake County Detention Center.
No one was hurt in the incident, which happened just before 5 a.m. Monday.