Five men who were visiting an apartment complex on Burgundy Street on the city's east side and a man and a woman who lived there were arrested early Friday on charges of drug and gun charges after police got a call about shots being heard in the area.
Officers who went to the shots-fired call were investigating what had happened, and that led to the arrests at 1500 Burgundy St., police spokesman Jim Sughrue said. Burgundy Street is a block east of Raleigh Boulevard.
All seven people were charged with felony marijuana possession, possession of a stolen gun, possession of a sawed-off shotgun.
Five of the men were charged with shooting a gun inside city limits, and three of the men were charged with gun possession by a felon because they have criminal records.
Never miss a local story.
The seven people charged shortly after midnight were:
- Sampson Lamont Debnam, 24, who has no permanent address listed in arrest records
- Shaquana Renee Vick, 24, of 1500 Burgundy St.
- Vincent Edmond Waller, 32, of 913 N. King Charles Road
- Kellen Chandler Stewart, 27, of 4228 Cantwell Court
- Jonathan Kajuan Clark, 26, of 4001 Griffis Glen Drive
- Samad Shaheem Lucas, 19, of 1503 Burgundy St.
- Michael Allen Daniels, 26, who gave no permanent address.
Debnam, Stewart and Waller were the ones charged with being felons in possession of a gun. Lucas and Michaels were not charged with firing a gun in the city.
All were being held Friday for Monday court appearances. A magistrate ordered Stewart held without bail and set bails of $30,000 for Vick, $50,000 for Clark, $50,000 for Daniels, $60,000 for Debnam, $100,000 for Lucas and $200,000 for Waller.