More than 100 students in East Carolina University’s College of Education have received scholarship support for this academic year. The awards range from $250 to $20,000. Recipients from Wake County are:
▪ Hannah Jones of Cary, The Andy Roos Memorial Scholarship;
▪ Leanne Ray of Raleigh, The Mary Lois Staton Scholarship;
▪ Katherine McDonnell of Raleigh, The Eloise Faison Teacher Scholarship;
Never miss a local story.
▪ Emily Curtin of Raleigh, The Sally Ruth Hinton Klingenschmitt Scholarship and the Helen Armfield Crowder Scholarship;
▪ Hazelle Sandoval of Knightdale, The Tom and Karen Bartik Scholarship in Science Education;
▪ Megan Schulz of Raleigh, Sara Smiles Scholarship;
▪ Madilyn Cox of Raleigh, The Catherine Jones Baggett Scholarship;
▪ Alexandra Karlos of Fuquay-Varina, The James H. and Connie M. Maynard Scholars Program;
▪ Shamar Lamb of Raleigh, The Wilson-Duncan Science Education Scholarship;
▪ Rachel Hardin of Raleigh, The Kara Lynn Fennell Scholarship;
▪ Elora Hunter of Fuquay-Varina, The James H. and Connie M. Maynard Scholars Program;
▪ Rachel Lowery of Wake Forest, The Alston W. Burke Scholarship;
▪ Ariana Nunez Quiros of Willow Spring, The Helen Massey Harrell Memorial Scholarship; and
▪ Terri Gibson of Willow Spring, The Charles and Beth Ward Scholarship in Elementary Education.