National Merit Scholarship Corp. announced winners of the 2015 corporate-sponsored Achievement Scholarship awards, which includes nine students in and near the Triangle area.
The awards, most of which come with annual stipends ranging from $500 to $10,000, are sponsored by various companies that select recipients from the pool of Achievement Scholarship finalists. More than 1,000 students received corporate-sponsored scholarships financed by about 200 companies.
The companies choose from students who are children of their employees, residents of communities the company serves or plan to pursue careers the sponsor wishes to encourage.
Here is a listing of local winners, their community, schools and scholarships.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Xinyi Chen of Raleigh, N.C. School of Science and Mathematics, National Merit Edward J. Keating Scholarship.
▪ Avinash U. Ganapathi of Cary, Enloe High School in Raleigh, National Merit George Watts Hill Scholarship.
▪ Meghan Ganapathiraju of Cary, Green Hope High School in Cary, The PWC Charitable Foundation Scholarship.
▪ Vishnu Teja Gottiparthy of Cary, N.C. School of Science and Mathematics in Durham, National Merit Xerox Foundation Scholarship.
▪ Leah G. Hinshaw of Clemmons, West Forsythe High School in Clemmons, National Merit Reynolds American Foundation Scholarship.
▪ Rebecca Shen of Cary, N.C. School of Science and Mathematics, National Merit Tredegar Corp. Scholarship.
▪ Visrut Sudhakar of Cary, Enloe High School in Raleigh, National Merit Siemens Scholarship.
▪ Neeraj V. Suresh of Raleigh, N.C. School of Science and Mathematics, National Merit Xerox Foundation Scholarship.
▪ Katherine Y. Wang of Chapel Hill, N.C. School of Science and Mathematics in Durham, National Merit George Watts Hill Scholarship.