Several area boys have earned the rank of Eagle Scout, which is the highest achievement in the Boy Scouts. This is what they did for their projects:
▪ Brendan Timothy Hanley of Apex led the planning and installation of five exercise stations at Turner Creek Elementary. He’s the son of Wanda and Tim Hanley.
▪ Jonathan Harden of Apex led a team in creating a sculpture of a cross at Salem Baptist Church’s courtyard. He’s the son of Melanye and Jon Harden.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Drew Chegash of Apex planned, staffed and executed the replacement of 16 walkways in St. Andrew’s Catholic Church’s parking lot. The Apex High senior is the son of Andy and Amy Chegash.
▪ Ben Shugg of Apex planned and built four picnic tables at Turner Creek Elementary School. The recent Apex High School graduate is the son of Chris and Beth Shugg.
▪ James Pillar, a freshman at Panther Creek High School, built a three station composting bin at Mills Park Middle School. He’s the son of Jim and Mary Ann Pillar of Cary.
▪ Richard Medeiros repainted fire hydrants at Apex’s Haddon Hall community. The Panther Creek High sophomore is the son of Rick and Suzanne Medeiros of Cary.
▪ Michael Payne built four bunk beds at cabins at Umstead State Park. The Panther Creek High sophomore is the son of Kent and Peggy Payne of Cary.