The Wake County school system has announced the 13 finalists for the 2014 Teacher of the Year award.
The finalists are:
• Dorothy Andrews of Daniels Middle in Raleigh
Never miss a local story.
• Sarah Bratton of Sycamore Creek Elementary in Raleigh
• Laurie Bubenik of Vandora Springs Elementary in Garner
• Susan DePerno of East Cary Middle in Cary
• Christine Hahner of Wiley Elementary in Raleigh
• Joy Hughes of Holly Ridge Middle in Holly Springs
• Janice Kidd of Mills Park Middle in Cary
• Kristen Larsen of Sanderson High in Raleigh
• Brian Quigley of Lockhart Elementary in Knightdale
• Allison Reid of Heritage High in Wake Forest
• Penny Smith of East Millbrook Middle in Raleigh
• Gail Stevens of Dillard Drive Middle in Raleigh
• Jennifer Wood of Smith Elementary in Garner
There were 26 semifinalists, including a married couple. But while Brian Quigley was named a finalist, his wife Emily Quigley, a teacher at Holly Springs Elementary, did not. Click here for a story about the couple.
The 2014 Wake County Teacher of the Year will be named at a banquet on May 8.