UPDATE: Click here to view the bio sheets for the principals.
The Wake County school system announced new principals Tuesday for two Knightdale schools and interim principals at nine schools.
James Argent will be the new principal of Knightdale High School with a salary of $101,367. The former high school teacher has been principal of Lake Myra Elementary School in Wendell since 2009.
Teresa James was hired to be principal of Knightdale Elementary School with a salary of $79,727. After being a teacher and assistant principal in Wake, she became principal of Club Boulevard Elementary School in Durham in 2011.
Never miss a local story.
Until James starts July 1, Vicki Perry will serve as Knightdale Elementary’s interim principal. She retired as principal of Harris Creek Elementary in 2013.
The other interim principal appointments are:
• Danny Barnes at Panther Creek High School in Cary to Sept. 16. Barnes was chief area superintendent until he retired in 2013.
• Tina Hoots at East Garner Middle School until Sept. 26. Before retiring in 2011, she was principal of Wake Forest-Rolesville High School.
• Roy Teel at East Wake Middle School near Knightdale to July 31. He retired as principal of Broughton High School in 2009.
• Elaine Hanzer at Washington Elementary School in Raleigh to Sept. 2. Before retiring in 2011, she was principal of Wake Forest-Rolesville Middle School.
• Jan Hargrove at Herbert Akins Elementary School in Fuquay-Varina until Sept. 26. She was principal of Turner Creek Elementary School until she retired in 2010.
• Charles Langley at Wiley Elementary School in Raleigh to Sept. 2. He was the longtime principal of Willow Springs Elementary School.
• Kathleen Marynak at Carpenter Elementary School in Cary to Sept. 17. She retired as principal of Cedar Fork Elementary School this year.
• Darryl Fisher at Barwell Road Elementary School in Raleigh to Aug. 31. He’s been at the school since April.
Robert Matheson III was transferred from principal of the Wake N.C. State STEM Early College High School to assistant principal at Apex High School. Earlier this month, David Schwenker was named the new principal of the early college.
Betty Parker was promoted from director of real estate to senior director for real estate. She’s in charge of looking for school sites.
Since the school board’s next meeting is July 22, Superintendent Jim Merrill was authorized Tuesday to name principals over the next month. The appointments would be confirmed at the July meeting.