Some Wake County students are spending their Wednesday competing for gifts in the school system's Snow Day Twitter Contest.
Every 15 minutes the Wake County school system has been posting trivia questions on its Twitter account, @wcpss. Prizes for the first person to give the correct answer have included gift cards from Smithfield's Chicken 'N Bar-B-Q and carpet cleanings from Zerorez Raleigh.
The contest runs to 5:30 p.m.
Questions have covered history, science, math and facts about the district.
• A tree casts a shadow of 72 ft. A nearby person who is 5 ft tall casts a 12 ft shadow. How tall is the tree?
• What property of a sound wave is most commonly associated with loudness?
• How many seconds are there in a WCPSS elementary school day (doors open to final bell)?
• Find the solution for the system of equations for y = 1.5x + 2 and y = 2.5x + 14.
• What form of radiation did Sir William Herschel discover?
• What are the NAME and CITY of area mayor who scored 31 pts for Wake Forest HS v Benson HS in 1968?