The state workers’ association on Friday released its wish-list for the General Assembly’s short session, which begins April 25.
Pay, retirement, health care and protecting the automatic dues deduction are once again on the State Employees Association of North Carolina agenda.
Here are the top 10 policy objectives:
1. Seek to re-establish a fully paid individual health care benefit equivalent to the current PPO 80/20 in place as of June 30, 2013, for all active qualified and retired state employees.
2. Oppose privatization and downsizing of state government services.
3. Request that General Assembly fully fund employee salary compensation prior to considering other appropriations.
4. Seek to have SEANC continue to protect dues deduction options from being deleted from the state payroll.
5. SEANC supports continuation of a defined benefit retirement plan for current and future state retirees.
6. Seek cost of living adjustment for retired state employees in the amount equal to active state employee pay increases.
7. Oppose legislation that would remove state employees from the protections of the State Human Resources Act.
8. Seek to provide the state income tax exemption provided through the Bailey Act to all retired state employees.
9. Seek restoration of the employer's contribution to the retirement system that will at least match the employee’s contribution
10. Seek legislation allowing SEANC full access to public workplaces for the purposes of member recruitment without employee intimidation or enforced limits to SEANC information, personnel and volunteers.