We have a Republican House, Senate, governor and representatives to the U.S. Senate. There are no political barriers to our focus on a more effective, and efficient, government or on getting more disposable income into the hands of our residents – both of which are fundamental to a strong economy. Time to help help make it happen!
In no particular order, we’ve seen:
▪ A rush to overhaul voting districts that didn’t result in a Republican win.
▪ A rush to protect the religious freedoms of public servants.
Never miss a local story.
▪ A proposal to protect us from frustrated motorists who, unable to wait until they clear the double yellow lines on our highways, apparently cause a greater danger to the rest of us.
▪ A senior U.S. senator, having been nearly invisible for five years, chooses to endear himself to his base(?) with a silly letter and a meaningless block on a Senate confirmation vote because of “political differences”?
▪ A junior U.S. senator who is 0-for-3 on his early attempts at being relevant.
Some advice from a frustrated, embarrassed Republican: Legislators, please stop helping. The governor should show us some Ronald Reagan Republicanism when this nonsense comes to his desk.