Regarding the April 23 news article “New route to connect campuses”: Here’s a historical footnote to the planned extension of Pullen Road to the Centennial Campus. Nearby Avent Ferry Road originally connected with Western Boulevard opposite of Ashe Avenue. It traveled through the Nazareth community, which included the old Catholic orphanage (the latter inspiring the ghost story of Cry Baby Lane at the end of Bilyeu Street and likely originating from the 1905 dormitory fire that killed a young man preparing for the priesthood).
Sections of old Avent Ferry Road are still visible in the woods at Western/Ashe/Bilyeu. The road was relocated between 1950 and 1980.