Regarding the July 27 Focus article “Proposal killed to curb toxic dental fillings”: Your information on toxic dental fillings was quite a surprise. I thought they had been banned many years ago.
After headaches and jaw pain, I finally found a “holistic” dentist who removed my 30-year-old mercury fillings. Within a few weeks, my jaw pain and headaches were gone.
I had this done 18 years ago, and at that time the dentist said the ADA suggested to members that they not recommend removing the fillings to patients. I expect they already knew it was a problem. I told my dentist I insisted the fillings be removed and signed a waiver.
Pregnant women are warned not to eat fish containing mercury, and breast cancer patients are warned against using antiperspirants with mercury. Why, then, would people think it’s OK to put this toxic substance in their mouths where it will stay for years?
Never miss a local story.
Marti Van Horne