1. Clemson (3-0): How much better did the Tigers’ offense get during the bye week?
2. Florida State (3-0): The Noles have outscored Wake 154-6 the past three years.
3. N.C. State (4-0): Now the real work begins.
4. Miami (3-0): Cincinnati, on the road, will be a tougher out than last year’s rout in Miami.
Never miss a local story.
5. Duke (3-1): Admirable resolve by the Blue Devils in a 34-20 win over Georgia Tech.
6. Louisville (1-3): No pressure on the Cards, who have the talent to derail N.C. State’s season.
7. UNC (3-1): “Marquise Trubisky” would be Larry Fedora’s ideal quarterback.
8. Virginia Tech (2-2): Early losses outside the ACC usually equal a division title for Hokies.
9. Georgia Tech (2-2): Jackets are really missing their running back talent, depth from last year.
10. Boston College (3-1): The defense stoned Northern Illinois, the offense needs help.
11. Pitt (2-1): The early open date should have helped their retooled offense.
12. Syracuse (3-1): Hat tip to the Orange, who gave LSU everything it wanted.
13. Wake Forest (2-2): Durham’s Kendall Hinton making it hard for Dave Clawson to put him back on the bench.
14. Virginia (1-3): Complete and total embarrassment in Friday’s 42-point home loss to Boise State.